Job Opening ID:
00311768 Information Services Intern (Open)
Information Services Intern
Engineering and Technology
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
At J.B. Hunt, our IT Internship Program is designed to give students the opportunity to extend their classroom learning and get "real world" industry experience, while still completing their degree. The IT Internship at J.B. Hunt is different than most internships, in that it is a "year-round" internship. Our IT interns work 20 hours a week during the semester and up to 35 hours a week when classes are not in session. This allows the student to maximize the opportunity of gaining practical work experience. Our interns have the opportunity to rotate between the departments, as open positions become available.
* Assist mentor with coding, debugging, testing, and documenting computer applications.
* Expand knowledge of the transportation industry and related systems.
* Perform limited analysis and design tasks.
* Learn to diagnose systems problems.
* Be enrolled in a technology-related degree program such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Industrial Engineering at an accredited academic institution.
* Be able to work at least 20 hours a week during the school semester.
* While not required, it is preferred that an intern candidate have at least 18 months to projected graduation. All internships will last at least 6 months.
* Preference will be given to applicants who are enrolled (or have just completed) a course of study in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, or applicable degree field at an accredited university or junior college.
Communication, Customer Service, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Working with Others
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."