The Regents of the University of California
Requisition Number: 30524 Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST Working Title: Information Services Analyst Salary: $23.04 - $45.54 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 4015-ADVANCEMENT SERVICES Department Website URL: www.developmentcareers.ucla.edu Job Summary Statement: UCLA Advancement Services performs vital administrative, financial, and technology services to EA departments as well as facilitates and supports the broad range of its customers' activities through a variety of value-added services including application development, management and support. This department is a key partner in major initiatives across EA that span a wide variety of business applications and system technologies. As part of the Information Services team, the Information Services Analysts provide services and products for all of EA, specifically Development and Alumni Affairs to interpret and understand engagement and fundraising information.
Under general supervision of the Director, Reporting & Business Analytics, Application Development Services, the Information Services Analyst will provide analysis and operational support to senior analysts and EA colleagues. This individual will work within the Information Services team to support EA colleagues with tools, reporting, and analytics to aid in understanding and interpreting data and data variables within and outside of the CRM environment. The Information Services Analyst will work with inter- and intra- team analysts to analyze datasets, deliver information and enhance understanding of advancement key performance metrics. Among other projects, this individual will run, evaluate and communicate data issues and work with the Director and more senior analysts to determine appropriate actions and follow-up. The Information Services Analyst will also conduct research, discover opportunities and recommend solutions for further efficiencies within their team and department. In addition, the Information Services Analyst will be a driving force in the success of our internal customers, vendors, and department in supporting its missions by providing analysis and recommendations for engagement and fundraising data. Percentage of Time: 100 Shift Start: 8:00 am Shift End: 5:00 pm Qualifications for Position
16 Records Qualifications Required/Preferred
1. Prior experience in data mining and/or business/ information analytics to include analyzing, reviewing, managing and manipulating information and datasets with ability to interpret variables and nodes within datasets.
2. Strong analytical skills to thoroughly and accurately review, evaluate and perform a wide variety of data related projects.
3. Prior experience and/or strong aptitude and interest in the application of technology tools and processes to evaluate information in order to adapt and/or influence business environments.
4. Ability to work well independently and as part of a team; highly detail-oriented with demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting priorities; developing project plans and schedules and following through on numerous assignments with general supervision in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
5. Creative and inventive with ability to define situations and problems, determine objectives, identify relevant factors, formulate logical conclusions, recognize alternatives and take necessary corrective action.
6. Strong written communication skills to quickly, sufficiently and accurately compose routine business correspondence and procedures with knowledge of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar; able to proofread and edit materials for clarity and syntax.
7. Excellent verbal communications skills to collect and relay information clearly; resourceful with ability to know how and where to gather information within an organization.
8. Proficiency with common office computing systems and programs such as Windows and Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); ability to learn new systems and technologies in a prompt and efficient manner.
9. Well-developed interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and diplomatically with a wide variety of inter-team and extra-team stakeholders.
10. Ability to understand advancement services operations including gift and biographical/demographic data processing, solicitation processes, telemarketing, donor relations and advocacy is preferred.
11. Ability to learn relevant university and functional office policies, processes and procedures that affect application systems.
12. Knowledge of the Blackbaud CRM environment including developing Smart Queries, Adhoc Queries, Marketing Efforts, Interactions, and general processes for using it.
13. Familiarity with developing Tableau worksheets, dashboards, and stories both within a working setting and for presentation to internal customers and leadership.
14. Working knowledge of scripting, optimizing, and executing T-SQL queries against a SQL Server database.
15. Working knowledge of Python, R, Pandas, Numpy, SciKitLearn and other data science tools.
16. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Preferred Additional Posting Information Bargaining Unit: 99-Policy Covered Application Deadline: 06-27-2019 External Posting Date: Quicklink To Posting: hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=76542 Special Instructions: The target salary range for this position is between the posted minimum and $26.34 hourly. Contact information: Number of Positions: Special Employment Designations/ Requirements Per UC Policy Conflict of Interest: N/A Critical: Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation. Driving Record: N/A E-Verify Check:
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response CANRA:
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA? No Other Special Employment Requirements: Position is subject to performance standards and other requirements of the University wide Police Policies and Administrative Procedures.
Return to Search Results
About The Regents of the University of California
The Regents of the University of California is the governing board of the University of California.