Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Maryland - Frederick
Who We Are:
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What You Will Be A Part Of:
As a member of the Corporate Information Security Risk Management team, the Risk Analyst is responsible for executing the various processes within the risk analysis team including intake and analysis of reported risks, risk exception management, and ensuring teams are properly managing plans to reduce or eliminate risk.
This position will report to the Senior Manager for Risk Analysis, and will be part of a team of analysts that will be responsible for driving visibility and understanding of information security risks and influence strategic decision across the enterprise.
What You Will Do:
* Intake and analysis of identified risks from a variety of sources including audits, compliance checks, automated vulnerability systems, and other internally or externally reported risks.
* Complete analyses and reports & work with the Senior Manager of Risk Analysis to develop a comprehensive view of risk across the company.
* Review and track action plans developed by risk owners and ensure plans are completed appropriately.
* Process risk exception requests & provide necessary information and analysis to allow business leaders to determine what risks are appropriate
* Perform ad-hoc risk analysis as assigned.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
How You Will Get Here:
* 3-5 years' experience in risk analysis, information risk management, and/or information security.
* Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Information Assurance, Information Security, Cybersecurity, or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative risk analysis methods.
* Understanding of various risk management frameworks such as the NIST Risk Management Framework and Center of Internet Security Risk Assessment Methodology
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, and excellent documentation skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Relevant certificates such as CRISC or CISA are recommended.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
* Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, time management
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.