Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Reporting to the Director of IT & Security Risk Advisory, the individual in this role will be part of the Technology Operational Excellence team. The operational risk teams at American Express are embedded within the businesses that they support. As part of their responsibilities they execute operational risk event management and process risk self-assessment.
* Partnering with enterprise-wide Operational Excellence teams on regulatory initiatives that have significant cyber security or IT risk components.
* Partnering across technology on governance and oversight of operational risk metrics
* Partner with the company's Operational Risk Group on framework enhancement initiatives
* Advise and assist the franchise with ongoing oversight on information security and IT risk metrics, including third party risk, and resilience.
* Building and maintaining excellent relationships across Technology, Operational Risk, General Counsel's Office (GCO), Internal Audit, Global Banking and franchise teams, working closely with senior leaders and their representatives to ensure appropriate risk management, mitigation and/or elimination while maintaining client support.
Required Experience & Skills:
* 5 years of relevant professional work experience in Information Security and Technology risk
* Business facing application development experience, desired but not required
* Ability to set priorities, resolve issues, provide guidance and secure engagement and commitment from teams
* Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
* Strong interpersonal, leadership and change management skills, as well as solid presentation communication skills (written, graphical, quantitative and verbal)
* Exceptional ability to engage, educate, influence and collaborate across the enterprise
* Strong sense of personal accountability and ability to drive results
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
* CISM or CISSP certifications preferred, not required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.