Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We are looking for an Information Security Intern to join our Technical Operations team at our Santa Monica office.
You'll Report To: Sr. Manager, Program & Risk Assurance
A typical day as an Information Security Intern might include:
* Monitoring and reviewing system and network log entries for security events
* Reviewing security operations web portals for flagged events and evaluate
* Escalating potential security incidents for review
* Reviewing, updating, or generating new work instructions to document repeatable tasks
* Assisting with incident response efforts
* Conducting additional searches and evaluation of remote systems to identify attacker actions or insecure servers and services
* Collaborating with the Technical Operations and other business units to drive remediation of security risks identified by internal/external audits
* Performing Quarterly User Access reviews
* Analyzing risk of existing network and system architectures and their security policies, documenting risks and proposing risk treatment plans
* Performing daily review of business unit program changes
You will be successful if you can demonstrate strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills, enjoy being a team player, and possess a strong desire to learn and grow within the organization.
What You Have:
* Relevant college course work in the areas of Business and/or Information Systems
* Knowledge of information security topics including vulnerability, threat, and incident response
* Previous internships experience preferred
* A strong interest in information technologies
* Technical knowledge in the following areas:
* Scripting and Programming in more than one of the following:
* UNIX, C, HTML, PYTHON, RUBY, PERL and PHP
* Understanding of Intrusion Detection Systems and Firewalls
* Understanding commonly used protocols/services
* Understanding networking hardware
* Understanding of securing operating systems and application
* Ability to pay close attention to complex detail, work well under time constraints, and multi-task
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
* Paid Internship
* Cool office environment and culture
* Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
* Free Parking
* Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
* Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
* Leaf Group is Comparabsly's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
* Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
* MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
About Leaf Group
Leaf Group (formerly Demand Media) is a diversified internet company which owns and operates consumer media and marketplace businesses.