Partners Data Systems
Tenneco is looking for an Information Security Engineer to join its growing Information Security team. This role will report to the Director of Information Security and will provide department leadership as an Information Security technical SME. As a senior member of the Information Security team, you will be shaping the direction for protection of a leading global components and systems manufacturer for the automotive industry.
* Works with Architects and Operations staff to define and implement security solutions for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
* Designs and develops detailed security designs. Sets scope and strategic direction for security projects.
* Works with Architecture to regularly revise and maintain security 3 year technical roadmaps.
* Engineers, implements and monitors security controls for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
* Participates in IT and business projects as the information security subject matter expert.
* Identifies and defines system security requirements, standards, and guidelines.
* Develops technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
* Writes comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
* Supports the security program strategy and stays current with evolving technologies such as cloud, mobile, virtualization, access control, and their security implications.
* Prepares and documents standard operating procedures and protocols.
* Maintains, configures, and troubleshoots security infrastructure devices.
* Develops SIEM alerts, field extractions, dashboards, and metrics.
* Participates in incident investigations and SIEM tuning.
* Communicates proper priority and context for security issues to management.
* Manages relationships with security service providers.
* Mentors and develops junior team members.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current security trends and events.
* In-depth knowledge of networking and routing concepts.
* Solid experience with windows and Linux operating systems.
* Proven working experience in building and maintaining security systems.
* Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
* Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, and content filtering.
* Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
* Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
* Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
* Knowledge of securing mobile devices.
* Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure, good verbal and written communication skills.
* Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Security and Risk Management, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related major or commensurate experience.
* 5+ years of working level experience securing IT systems.
* 3+ years' of experience managing / maintaining SIEM and Logging infrastructure.
* Experience in a large-scale global IT enterprise environment.
* Experience with administration and management of Windows, Linux, UNIX, and mobile operating systems.
* Security industry engagement and recognition.
* Experience with the following tools is a big plus:
* Vulnerability Management, DLP, Firewall Management
* Scripting experience in more than one of the following (Perl, Python, R, bash, PowerShell)
* Experience with application security
* GIAC Certifications (GCIH, GCWN/GCUX, GISSP, etc.)
* Cisco / Microsoft / Red Hat Certificates
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.