The Information Security Engineer uses in-depth knowledge and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming, and act as a resource for team members with less experience. The Software Development Engineer will code, test, debug, document and maintain software application programs.
* Be a core engineer identifying, building, implementing, and maintaining key cross-functional security technologies to improve security, deliver a great experience to constituents, and maintain compliance for Express Scripts
* Evaluate and articulate risk-based assessments for implementation of security technologies, balancing security needs with end-user experience to protect Express Scripts' security & productivity
* Deliver the best value quickly and at the best cost in an agile development environment, and collaborate with other teams to deliver complete value
* Participate in the development of - and execute - technology & migration plans for evolution of security capabilities (secure external access, scanning & prevention, digital forensics, data security)
* Communicate & collaborate with teams across the organization to drive security imperatives, including infrastructure & application development teams and Information Risk Management
* Bachelor's degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
* 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
* 1-2 years ESI experience preferred.
* Experience in creating success in an agile development environment for application & deployment of technology
* Possess knowledge & experience in a wide variety of security capabilities (endpoint, data center, network, data security, scanning/prevention, and forensics), or be willing to learn very quickly
* Ability to operate collaboratively, and use influence among multiple technology engineering teams to achieve a common architectural goal for the organization
* Versatility - ability to switch between a wide variety of varied security technologies - a critical need as a part of building & developing security engineering team
* Possess knowledge and application of security standards / compliance & controls frameworks (NIST, SOC1, SOC2, ISO27000, etc.)
* Typically requires bachelor's degree in Computer Science; or equivalent experience
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran