The Information Security Business Relationship Manager (BRM) position is responsible for managing information security consulting at AbbVie. This individual will be part of the Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) organization facing several internal AbbVie business customers, IT customers, and third-party managed Service Providers. This role supports business functions by identifying, implementing and communicating services. The Information Security BRM supports these stakeholders by (1) providing security and risk management expertise and capabilities to initiatives as needed; (2) serving as the face of the broader AbbVie Information Security organization and liaising to bring in other technical teams as needed; (3)assisting with the development and socialization of the ; (4) providing guidance for the management of information risks associated with third parties; and (5) helping improve AbbVie's adherence to regulatory compliance.
* Lead security consulting needs across the enterprise.
* Oversee the ISRM Security Services portfolio, advancing awareness, consistency and standard service terminology
* Liaise with technical experts across IT to respond to specific, tactical and strategic business requests to advance organizational security objectives.
* Develop long-term relationships with IT and business stakeholders to understand and anticipate appropriate security service needs and requirements.
* Work with our various internal stakeholders to increase risk awareness, ensuring that security is a balanced component of projects, activities, and decisions
* Contribute security expertise to engagements led by other team members and ensure assignments are completed as directed.
* Understand current regulatory environment and related implications to security services, and present AbbVie approaches and messaging at internal training and awareness sessions.
* Manage AbbVie's information security services portfolio against available budget and resources.
* Has the responsibility for creating and managing to key service level agreements and managing customer expectations.
* Design and establish services that engage and support information security requirements from internal customer groups within AbbVie.
* Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
* A balance of business process and security related experiences.
* Experience in Product or service management
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline preferred. Master's Degree or MBA preferred. Security certifications a strong plus.
* Five years in a security-aligned position or role (preferred)
* A combination of strong information security technical and broad management skills.
* Ability to lead and implement change. Ability to find creative solutions when options are limited.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively share concise messages for complex technical problems and to communicate with both IT and business stakeholders. Ability to interact with all levels of management across divisions and functions.
* Strong negotiation and decision skills.
* Must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
* Experience implementing complex IT and security projects. Strong project management skills; ability to lead/motivate a team.
* Experience in risk estimation techniques and in assessing third party information risk.
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: No
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.