United States of America - Virginia, Arlington
AECOM is actively seeking an Analyst to provide Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Declassification review services for the DOD. The position will be located at the Pentagon.
Analyst shall provide support to the Joint Staff Declassification Branch to comply with the mandated review provisions of EO 13526, FOIA review requirements, DOD directives and Joint Staff implementing documents. Analyst shall provide technical, administrative, implementation and coordination support for document review, project control, tracking of records and database management. Analyst shall advise and assist the Government, but shall not make final decisions or certifications on behalf of the Government, nor perform any inherently Government functions.
* Final Top Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire.
* Education Requirements: A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in the Social Sciences. Analysts with a degree in other disciplines (or without a Bachelor's Degree, but having considerable professional/military experience) may be accepted based on documented declassification work experience subject to Joint Staff concurrence.
* Years of Experience: Extensive experience reviewing and/or analyzing Department of Defense and/or Federal Civilian agency records required
* Must be capable of performing declassification reviews independently or as part of a team.
* After employment commences, the employee must pass the Department of Energy's Historical Records Restricted Data Reviewers (HRRDR) course.
* Extensive proven experience in the review of Joint Staff classified equities to include war plans (both nuclear and conventional); combatant commands, operational and geographical equities (current and historic), NATO and JCS relationships and interactions between NSC, OSD and JCS.
* The candidate should possess and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Executive Order 13526, classification criteria, Freedom of Information Act provisions and a thorough working knowledge of Joint Staff structure, mission, history, equities and declassification precedent.
* Candidate shall participate in additional training conducted by the Joint Staff, the National Declassification Center, and other agencies as directed by the Joint Staff.
* Knowledge of OUSD(P) mission and tasks.
* Experience in foreign policy, U.S. defense strategy and policy, and regional or international affairs.
* Knowledge of and experience working in the U.S. Government FOIA, MDR, and SR programs.
* Skills to create and manage all related data for the purposes of tracking the status of cases and prioritizing effort When the contractor replaces contract personnel with new personnel, the new personnel shall have qualifications equal to or better than the requirements in this PWS they are replacing.The contractor shall create and update all case records to measure and track case status and responsiveness. All data shall differentiate and track progress of FOIA, MDR, and SR cases and provide real time information that allows the Task Monitor (TM) and COR to shift effort on or reprioritize cases. Data may be stored on both classified and unclassified DoD networks
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Quality Assurance / Quality Controls
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 218742BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.