Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking an Information Governance Senior Coordinator to join our winning team, located in Washington D.C. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Information Governance Senior Coordinator will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As an Information Governance Senior Coordinator at Latham, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the strategic planning and execution of a variety of information governance and records projects. The Senior Coordinator will keep abreast of all department operations and provides support to other members of the team, as well as to offices that have no dedicated Information Governance staff. The Information Governance Senior Coordinator works with the Senior Manager to develop and implement information governance policies and procedures while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
* Identifying opportunities to enhance the Information Governance program through a thorough understanding of information management and security principles
* Providing training and mentoring regarding various Information Governance procedures and functions; assisting with new staff orientation
* Maintaining statistics, tracking the status of projects, and preparing periodic reports for the Information Governance team
* Completing special projects on various issues as necessary
* Developing, documenting, and revising information management and security policies, standards, procedures and processes; ensuring they are kept up to date and are reviewed by appropriate parties; providing training and answering questions with respect to policies and procedures
* Consulting firm personnel on the appropriate locations where data should be stored; acting as a resource regarding various information governance questions for staff, attorneys, and other users
* Coordinating firmwide file intake and release procedures; ensuring compliance with policies, and monitoring completion of the process; responding to questions from practice offices, and providing instruction and training as needed
* Providing assistance to practice offices, including box archiving and offsite storage procedures, space management, records retention, preparing files both physically and within the records database, preparing file releases, and executing destruction requests
* Coordinating Information Governance programs, including the security awareness campaign, information governance updates and presentations
* Working with all levels of Technology staff to understand technical processes and their relevance to data management and information security
* Working closely with members of the Technology Department, Internal Audit, Office of General Counsel and other members of firm management on matters related to information governance; working with various firm committees including the Security & Privacy Committee, Ethics Committee and Technology Committee
* Coordinating with other areas and departments of the firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures and communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs
* Assisting with assembling documentation and supporting materials for client security audits and questionnaires; tracking the status and produces reports
* Auditing policies and procedures periodically to ensure compliance
* Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
As an Information Governance Senior Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Information Governance Senior Coordinator must have strong analytical skills needed for all primary duties of position, including comprehending and communicating information. The ability to perceive and analyze complex problems, and a capacity to make or recommend sound decisions is desired, as well as the Confidence and discipline to work independently and provide concise and specific recommendations to senior managers. The Senior Coordinator must display advanced knowledge of and proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, iManage, LegalKEY. The analytical skills needed to correctly comprehend and communicate data are desired.
A Bachelor's degree is required. At least four (4) years of information governance and records experience is desired, preferably at a law firm.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers in its offices located in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the US.