General Motors Financial
The Information Architect II - Digital Systems is passionate about usability, interaction, user experience and customer satisfaction The IA works with multidisciplinary teams to develop great user experiences across GM Financial. This position works with designers, software developers, project managers, customers, dealers and business owners to develop world-class digital experiences. Helps evaluate and test site concepts for discrete, adaptive and responsive designs as appropriate. Coordinates with design and content teams to develop and test prototypes to ensure exceptional and consistent experiences across digital properties. The position requires flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly.
* Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
* Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
* Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
* Implements information architecture by preparing interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Producer and Production Developer to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
* Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Reports to: AVP User Experience
Direct Reports: None
* Demonstrated ability to define exceptional digital customer experiences.
* Interest in and familiarity with user experience methodology.
* Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability in responsive, accessible, multi-language sites.
* Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization guidelines and best practices.
* Knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform issues.
* Strong writing and editing skills.
* Experience with Axure or equivalent prototyping tool.
* A command of the English language.
* Excellent computer and typing skills.
* Ability to interact effectively with others.
* Adaptability to constantly changing priorities.
* Must have general awareness of and appreciation for the issues concerning the Internet and the World Wide Web, such as content driven pages, and graphics versus text.
* Ability to lead cross-functional groups with conflicting priorities.
* Multi-tasking, constant productivity, creativity, and the ability to deal with change.
* Self-Motivated, has a positive attitude, and is looking to learn more and more about the ever-changing technical communications world.
* 2+ years' experience in digital user experience design
* Automotive and Finance experience is helpful
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on web design, web development or digital marketing.
About General Motors Financial
GM Financial is the captive finance company.