The Tjx Companies, Inc.
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
* Contributes to the information design ensuring the efficient flow of accurate, standardized data from the source of record to the end user.
* Implements Data Architecture standards, information architecture principles, standards, strategies and policies for projects
* Facilitates and formally documents business requirements and strategic objectives.
* Works with Senior Information Architects to ensure appropriate terminology is applied to metadata for the locale and global classification of data.
* Participates in the development and implementation of the data governance and master data management (MDM) plan.
* Contributes to the individual Architecture Execution Framework workgroups - technology initiatives and project initiatives for small projects
* Deliver Architecture Execution Framework prescribed service level conceptual and logical information models that define how the functional requirements will be technically enabled for small projects. Act as an Information subject matter expert for small to medium projects.
* Responsible for leading small to medium projects
Scope of Responsibility (i.e. financial impact)
* Responsible for solution design option for small to medium size projects typically less than $500K
* Activities directly impact project, timelines and budget
* Knowledge of industry standard middleware, ETL, master data hub, and service oriented architecture, design and delivery solutions
* An understanding of the use and hands-on experience with ERWin for application (OLTP) and data warehouse (OLAP) data models and implementation, or industry standard modelling tool
* An understanding of domain modelling, business process data flows, business information modelling, entity flows diagrams, common information models, Master Data Management
* Experience with performing tuning databases and queries
* Must have strong communication skills
* A willingness to learn
* Ability to work collaboratively and adapt to different audiences
* Experience with Middleware is a plus
* Experience working in Agile environment is a plus
* 5 years, or equivalent experience, as a Data Architect and/or Senior Systems Manager
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Architecture, Data Architect, Database, Analytics, Data Analyst, Engineering, Data, Management, Technology
About The Tjx Companies, Inc.
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.