Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Information Analyst provides enterprise, product, and project-level technical and business analysis support that produces consistent, accurate, and complete information requirements. The information analyst is challenged with supporting and enhancing the analytic and reporting lifecycle throughout the enterprise. In support of the analytic and reporting lifecycle, this position will create data definitions that follow established standards and guidelines, develop and manage the logical and physical views of data that are consistent with the business objectives, and provide consulting on new developments within the business intelligence space.
The Information Analyst provides a high level of expertise in a focused area of the business. They will work independently on projects of all degrees of complexity, supporting multiple business units to advance their use of data and analytics. Through independent analysis and guided design, the role defines, develops, and implements data and business intelligence solutions for assigned business areas.
* Provides business knowledge and support for resolving technology issues across one or more areas of the business and across multiple projects for Allstate's Information Services Group (ISG).
* Analyzes and translates business, data, functional, and user requirements and/or business rules into analytic and reporting requirements, data models and metadata deliverables by leading and guiding discussions internally with the project team and externally with business and technology partners.
* Plans, develops and leads information gathering sessions.
* Constructs and executes complex SQL queries and reviews data profiling results to discover semantics, patterns and value domains of data under analysis.
* Performs complex data analysis utilizing multiple techniques to determine, document and communicate existing and potential future data relationships, profiles and quality levels; uncover anomalies and variances in data content from expected results.
* Updates and maintains all logical (conceptual, relational, subject-level and dimensional) data models and other metadata deliverables at multiple levels of detail and functionality for a specific business subject area.
* Plans, develops and facilitates inspection sessions to validate that modeled data and related metadata deliverables match and satisfy business data requirements.
* Conducts reviews of physical data model and related technical detail with database administrators and technical developers as part of a single project's development life cycle.
* Understands, applies, teaches others and drive improvements in the use of corporate metadata development tools and processes.
* Leads the initiation of new projects through estimation and planning in coordination with other ISG teams and other key stakeholders.
* Develops and keeps current an approach to data management.
* Applies knowledge of tools and processes to drive data management.
* Creates complex technical requirements through analyzing business, functional, and technical requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, or a combination of related experience and education.
* Prior experience in modeling relational databases.
* Must have a strong capability to deal with highly ambiguous problems. This is demonstrated through step-by-step and methodical approach to scoping, understanding, and exploration to the right solution(s).
* General knowledge of relational database & data warehousing.
* Working experience building complex SQL queries.
* Experience with ErWin or other data modeling tools.
* Strong communication to convey data in a concise and understanble manner.
* Strong ability to visualize complexity as a method of collaboration, and share with team members. This skill is used as a collaboration mechanism to collect more points-of-view in the problem-solving process.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Less than 10%; flexibility may be required to meet business needs.
* Previous experience as Information Analyst or Business Analyst in a highly technical role.
* Prior experience in modeling Master Data Management (MDM) systems
* Hands on experience with dimensional modeling.
* Experience with an object oriented programming language, preferably Java or Python.
* Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
* Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop/HIVE/Spark/Etc.).
* Working experience with Agile Scrum delivery methodology.
Allstate Insurance Company provides insurance services.