What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This individual will operate to achieve operational targets with responsibility for security operations of a portfolio of moderately complex classified programs under generalized supervision. Responsible for all aspects of security to include personnel, physical, technical, and classification management, utilizing the requirements set forth in the ICDs, DCIDs, DoD Manuals, the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and other manuals or directives as applicable. Will assist in development and the administration of security procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment.
Appointed Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) or Alternate CPSO (ACPSO):
* Provides multi-disciplined security oversight
* Processes clearance and program access
* Provides classified meeting support
* Provides critical security support to the site's program managers
* Develops and administers programmatic security education programs
* Leads daily operations of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) or Closed Areas
* Maintains secure facilities in accordance with NISPOM, ICD 705, DCID 6/9 or JAFAN 6/9
* Performs as COMSEC alternate for multiple government agency COMSEC accounts
* Prepares and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Operations Security (OPSEC) Plans, Subcontractor DD Form 254, work instructions/plans and classified and/or proprietary test plans
* Prepares Inquiry Reports on security infractions/violations and specifying preventive action to be taken
* Coordinates with Information Assurance personnel to ensure proper development, certification, accreditation, and decertification of all information systems under their purview.
Working under general supervision, uses good judgment, tact and diplomacy to accomplish related tasks and execute the security mission. Will routinely develop solutions to a variety of operational problems. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
The individual must be self-driven and results oriented, capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently across a diverse program landscape. The ability to handle multiple priorities under deadlines is also required. The individual should possess the ability to identify, recommend, implement and plan process improvements, enhancements and changes to systems, including management of operating procedures, policies and standards relating to current and emerging technologies.
The individual must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to work with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization. Effective teaming and virtual teaming skills are also required. Previous experience leading complex activities is desired. The individual will communicate and present concise and decisive recommendations to security and program leadership. Coordinate with government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations/approvals for compliance with regulations. Participate in determining objectives of assignments. Interact with internal and external personnel on significant security matters routinely requiring effective coordination between organizations. Coordinate with government agencies regarding the use of government facilities, bases, equipment and property.
* Thorough knowledge of the NISPOM, Director of Central Intelligence Directives (ICDs), and related DoD Manuals
* Ability to develop solutions to problems of moderate complexity that require a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in determining actions and managing outcomes
* Ability to plan, schedule, and prioritize activities to accomplishing competing objectives
* Excellent written, verbal, and live presentation skills
* Self-starter with ability to work with generalized supervision
* Willing to work occasional extended hours, in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
* May be required to travel on short notice in support of business objectives
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* A minimum of two (2) years Industrial Security experience working in a DoD/SCI/SAP environment
* Experience with government policies and procedures for handling and safeguarding national security information
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Desired Skills: Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification
* Related training with Defense Security Service Center for Development of Security Excellence for Special Programs including, Security Fundamentals Professional Certification and/or Apprentice Certification and/or Journeyman Level II Certification
* Specialized Government training in security policy generation and implementation, analytical risk management, and information security management
* Special Programs security clearance a plus
* Security-related coursework from DSS, NSTi or customer sponsor
* High school diploma and 12 years directly related working experience or
* Associate's degree and 8 years directly related working experience or
* Bachelor's degree 4 years directly related working experience or
* Master's degree and 2 years of directly related working experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Anaheim Hills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.