A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Information Security is a multi-disciplinary security organization that is charged with improving the security of our factories, veterinary clinics, and corporate systems. To complete that mission, we are creating a security engineering team to tackle improving the security of our manufacturing and industrial control systems.
We are seeking an Industrial Security Engineer who, under the support and direction of Senior Industrial Security Engineers, will provide technical guidance and support to factories to secure our industrial control systems in the manufacturing environment.
* Collaborate with subject matter experts in support of any cybersecurity incident and/or crisis.
* Partner with security subject matter experts and factory engineering teams on an as-needed basis.
* When needed, directly support system changes with hands-on engineering and implementation skills.
* Identify process improvements that support the protection of manufacturing equipment, facilities, networks, software, data and information systems against possible attacks.
* Provide technical guidance and support the implementation and on-going operations support of new security solutions.
* Manage response to alerts from various monitoring systems and platforms to address potentially malicious events in a timely manner.
* Analyze and review industrial control system designs and component selections for security defects and make recommendations to address defects and oversee their implementation.
Context and Scope:
* Be ahead of industry change. By consistently networking with peers and researching new technical concepts, an Industrial Security Engineer is able to learn of new ideas and distill advanced thinking into changes Mars can make in its ICS/SCADA infrastructure.
* Engaged and embedded with a large, global organization, an Industrial Security Engineer must be able to work within a manufacturing network that consists of over 120 factories spread on six continents. The ability to work across cultures, communicate well, and context switch with associates of varied levels of expertise and technically experience is paramount.
* Able to quickly learn and adjust to Mars technical decisions. With a vast number of highly customized manufacturing systems, an Industrial Engineer must be able to learn the nuances of a given system and/or implementation.
* Sound and timely decision making. An Industrial Security Engineer will be seen as key member of Security and will be called upon during cyber crises that impact our ability to manufacture product; as such, an Industrial Security Engineer must be comfortable with and capable of making technically sound decisions in real time.
Education & Professional Qualification:
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; postgraduate education and/or professional certifications preferred.
* 3+ years of experience as an industrial control systems engineer and/or designer.
* 2+ years experience working on cybersecurity improvements.
* 2+ years experience working within large improvement and/or new technology implementation programs.
* Experience in the design, implementation, and operation of industrial controls environments (power plants/energy, manufacturing, utility, or equivalent) with working knowledge of SCADA systems and related hardware and software.
* Possess knowledge of cyber security fundamentals, with direct experience implementing new controls, manufacturing systems, or ancillary systems in support of cybersecurity hardening or improvement programs.
* Knowledge of industry and government standards, including practical application of said standards.
* Experience acting as a subject matter expert within manufacturing engineering teams is preferred.
* Experience working with globally-dispersed teams.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.