The Industrial IT Tech / Network Engineer is an integral and critical part of the project team. The primary responsibilities for this position include providing & developing the network architecture for the project, dedicated support for the team's development lab, shop support for panel testing, team & customer tasks assigned or requested on network and server hardware, software and other technology products. Other responsibilities include testing network communications on site for owner furnished equipment and commissioning support. Support would take place both in the office, working remote, or at customer's facilities. Serves as a primary resource for the assigned engineering group for production IT support.
This position will be located in our Dallas, TX office.
* The primary focus is the development the network architecture for Industrial HVAC projects and leading the effort to purchase, install, and test the network.
* Create a development environment for the projects PLC and HMI program development.
* Support the Software Factory Acceptance Test (SFAT)
* Assist with commissioning and testing on the project site.
* Support the Site Acceptance Test (SAT)
* Tracks requests and time spent on all tasks for time tracking and future estimations for tasks.
* Use and help maintain issue log for multiple projects ongoing simultaneously.
* Apply training and logic to assist team and customers in remote troubleshooting and problem resolution.
* Exercise good judgment in prioritizing problems and escalating them to the next level of support when necessary.
* Utilize appropriate application to gather information, log problems, and analyze results, track problems and record resolutions.
* Perform standard reporting as required and apply history and solutions in problem solving.
* Develop an understanding of the company's technologies, customer solutions, and expectations.
* Provides limited process, procedure and troubleshooting documentation.
* Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related
Associates Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related and 1+ years of experience
Technical Certificate in Computer Networking/Engineering or related and 2+ years of experience
Experience must be in IT Networking related position.
Experience or training should include knowledge and use of computer and network hardware and software. This is a heavy IT networking position.
Should be knowledgeable in TCP/IP network protocol layer 2 & layer 3 supporting EIGRP, VLAN, IGMP, VPN, Spanning-Tree protocols, & redundancy.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; eager to solve problems and fix things.
Self-motivated, self-directed and able to work with little supervision
Ability to interface and communicate effectively with non-technical and technical personnel.
Must possess analytical skills, good oral and written communicative skills, good telephone technique, be a quick learner, self-motivated, patient, and be able to work in stressful situations, and at times, be available to work flexible hours.
Must have ability to travel when needed. This position will travel 30% to 60% of the time.
Initiative, creativity, decision-making, and Integrity are required.
Direct experience with Cisco and VMware products are a big plus.
VMware vSphere 5.5 to current, VMware Workstation 12 to current
Multiple OS knowledge, Windows Server 2007-2016, Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, some Unix, Linux, etc.
MS Office 2007-16, MS Visio 2007-16, MS Project 2007-16
Intermediate networking, TCP/IP, structured cabling (troubleshooting and installation), experience with server environments and working in both wired and wireless networking environment
Active Directory Domain and workgroup knowledge
Able to provide support for a variety of hardware, software, etc.
Industrial Networking Experience or management of any SCADA/HMI software platform or hardware
Cisco CCENT, CompTIA Network+, VMware VCA6-DCV
There are some minimum physical demands for this position such as climbing stairs, walking long distances, using and reading from a PC for extended periods of time, moving around a crowded Network Operation Center, moving and carrying server and communications equipment, working with electronic equipment, often in crowded surroundings, and the need to go to customer's locations are amongst the demands of this position. May be called upon to physically open and work on servers, PC's, communications equipment, & industrial controls.
There will be the occasional need to work non-traditional hours and long hours of continuous concentration.
Glenmount Global Solutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Glenmount Global Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.