FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Interested in investigating computer crimes and breaches that make the headlines - and many more that don't? Can you think like an attacker to stay one step ahead of them, or understand the operational security controls needed to detect, remediate, and prevent compromises? The FireEye Mandiant Consulting team is seeking a strong technical lead to manage large, client-facing projects and train/mentor other security consultants. The successful candidate will possess sound business acumen, strong consulting skills, current technical skills and be adept in leading multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* Conduct host forensics, network, forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations
* Utilize Mandiant and FireEye technology to conduct large-scale investigations and examine endpoint and network-based sources of evidence
* Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations
* Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Mandiant's incident investigation processes
* Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
* Effectively communicate investigative findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
* Work with security and IT operations at clients to implement remediation plans in response to incidents
* Assist with scoping prospective engagements, participating in investigations from kickoff through remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff
* Provide training, present to small groups, and speak in public in venues such as conferences
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field
* Minimum 3 years of comparable experience
* Experience with at least three of the following:
* Windows disk and memory forensics
* Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis
* Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics
* Static and dynamic malware analysis
* Applied knowledge in at least one scripting or development language (such as Python)
* Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory / Windows environments
* Experience with hands-on penetration testing against Windows, Unix, or web application targets
* Ability to travel up to 30%
* Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
* Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
* Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
FireEye is a company providing cybersecurity solutions and services.