How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This contingent position is being considered & hired for all non-management levels (G08-G10) based upon selected candidate's applicable experience.
Raytheon is seeking to hire an Incident Response and Forensic Analyst to lead the development and operation of a forensics and malware analysis functional capability in support of ongoing investigative and incident response activities.
The successful candidate for this job will have a proven record of identifying and tracking cyber threats, and a technical understanding of the tools, techniques, and procedures used by threat actors. The candidate will dissect exploits, attacker tools and implants in support of incident responders, and will also help develop innovative tools to assist responders and automate malware analysis and reverse engineering efforts.
The Incident Response and Forensic Analyst is expected to work with minimal guidance against a broad set of objects to handle a variety of complex assignments and situations. Within established priorities and deadlines, the successful candidate will exercise independent judgment in selecting and applying appropriate methods, procedures, techniques, and practices.
Job responsibilities will include:
* Reverse engineer malware in support of incident response and threat intelligence requirements
* Research and develop methods of tracking and detecting malicious activity within an enterprise network
* Use various tools and techniques to analyze malicious document files, executables and web-based malware
* Conducts analysis of cybercriminal entities' use of technology to target, collect, and exploit customer information and information systems, personnel, and operations and participate in security education programs and briefings
* Performs open source research to enable and facilitate the identification of cybercriminal activity
* Utilizes understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats
* Delivers reports, briefings, and assessments to customers and leadership, facilitating understanding of cyber threat entities and environments
* Prepares and presents briefings as subject matter expert as required
* Develops and maintains relationships with U.S. Government agencies and personnel involved in cybercriminal analysis and investigations to discuss mutual problems and requirements.
Required experience and skills:
* The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person status and be eligible to obtain authorization.
* Strong understanding of malware analysis and incident response framework
* Able to conduct code and behavioral analysis of malware, including building a lab environment and is capable of using but not limited to debuggers, disassemblers, sniffers, and other analysis toolsets
* Proficiency with network traffic analysis
* Experience with using memory forensics techniques to analyze malware threats
* Experience identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in data sets
* Knowledge of packers and obfuscation techniques as well as experience defeating anti-analysis techniques
* Familiarity with the use of forensics images and memory dumps in support of incident response
* Ability to recognize and handle sensitive data appropriately
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
* Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships
* Possess a strong working knowledge of all Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
* Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to include investigative reports
* Must be on call after work hours for any incident response emergency
* 4+ years related experience for G08 level
* 6+ years related experience for G09 level
* 8+ years related experience for G10 level
* Understanding with cyber security development projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
* Involvement with process development and deployment
* Knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networking protocols
* Experience performing network traffic analysis
* Experience using Splunk and or ELK Stack for analysis
* Experience with using scripting languages to include but not limited to PowerShell and BASH
Bachelor's Degree in related field and 4+ years of applicable work experience
Desired certifications (one or more of the following):
GCFA, GREM, GNFA, GCIH, GSEC, or GSE 142454BR 142454
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Falls Church
VA - Merrifield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.