What you'll be doing...
The Incident Handler role is a position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position plays a critical role in Verizon's enterprise computing defense. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn and teach others, and able to think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape.
* Utilizes and adheres to defined workflow and processes driving the Incident Response and mitigation efforts.
* Collects supporting information and/or relevant artifacts in support of Incident Response activities.
* Escalates and hands off to team members and leadership based on defined threat and priority determination.
* Conducts technical analysis on impacted systems to determine impact, scope, and recovery from active and potential cyber incidents.
* Leverages Forensics tools, techniques, and capacities to support Cyber Incident Response activities.
* Documents results of cyber threat analysis and subsequent remediation and recovery in an effective and consistent manner.
* Executes the Incident Response lifecycle and coordinating remediation activities throughout the Verizon organization and its lines of business as a part of Cyber Incident Handling.
* Applies thought leadership to enhance and advance the defensive capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise.
* Recommends solutions to optimize both technical and process/procedure aspects of the end to end incident lifecycle.
* Writes technical articles for knowledge sharing.
* Provides Training and Mentoring of Junior team members.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Four or more years of relevant work experience
* Incident Handling experience
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor degree in a related discipline.
* Three or more years of professional experience.
* Related Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GNFA, GREM).
* Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry.
* Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) with focus on Computer Network Defense (CND).
* Previous experience with dynamic and/or malware analysis.
* Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines.
* Experience with Enterprise Anti-Virus, IDS, Full Packet Capture and Host/Network Forensics Tools.
* Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture.
* Experience executing various Incident Response Frameworks and Handling Procedures.
* Program and Scripting Experience.
* Previous experience with Regex.
* Strong understanding of Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems.
* Demonstrates experience and understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber attackers.
* Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
* Exhibits initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
* Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
* Manages multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
* Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.