Are you a wizard at all things Redis, Memcached, and in-memory data at scale? Have you read our AWS ElastiCache Whitepaper, seen our AWS performance talks, and think you can raise the bar? Do you have the customer-facing skills and hands-on experience to design caching solutions that can help customers operate at the biggest scale on the planet? Come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Redis & Memcached Solutions Architect, who will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for designing caching architectures that leverage AWS services including ElastiCache, DynamoDB, and others. The Caching Solutions Architect will partner closely with the Database Services team, Business Development, and Sales to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption and revenue of AWS. You will work with the largest companies in the world to design flexible and cost-effective cloud-based caching solutions. You will develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage AWS caching services. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help other SA's understand how to integrate AWS caching services into customer architectures.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer, and pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
* In partnership with the sales team, create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS, exceed revenue goals, and drive customer satisfaction
* Foster technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers, to further the adoption of AWS services and technologies
* Evangelize AWS services and technologies, both at events and 1:1 meetings with key influencers
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
* Identifying customer requirements and providing feedback into appropriate AWS services teams
* Open to domestic travel of 25%
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.