Mid-level implementation project professional who manages moderately complex relationships with client site during entire Implementation phase. Tracks and coordinates all moving pieces of the Implementation from start to end. 1st level of escalation for onsite installation team.
Manages Implementation Service deliverables throughout installation project including milestones and project schedule. Develops and maintains consistent standards for project delivery. Reviews project proposals. Confers with implementation team, management or account management to locate the appropriate parties to provide technical advice. Creates and communicates status reporting for both internal and external purposes. Manages project closure and handoff to Account Manager and Help Desk.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years project management experience preferred. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Implementation Project Specialist
Oracle Food and Beverage Solutions provide integrated software solutions to Hotels, Restaurants, Sports & Entertainment & Cruise ships. Customers worldwide depend on Oracle Point of Sales (POS) and F&B Management solutions to meet their complex business requirements, control operations, and provide superior customer service.
The Oracle Food and Beverage Project Manager's primary purpose is to provide leadership on planning, staffing, and executing projects associated with Food and Beverage Consulting engagements. You will work in conjunction with Consulting Sales Representatives, Practice Managers, Resource Management, and other Team Leaders to deliver Oracle Food and Beverage solutions to our customers.
We are looking for a strong candidate to work on projects primarily in the Nordics Region (Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark) but also across the EMEA region, whose expertise and work efforts focus primarily on overseeing consultants in the field of Oracle Hospitality product delivery, ensuring quality of project deliverables, and acting as liaison to customer leadership on the project team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work under minimal supervision and demonstrate proactive work habits when overseeing the activities of Oracle Food and Beverage Consultants, and achieve results through strong subject matter expertise, leadership, collaboration, and teamwork. The ability to communicate effectively with team members and others within the customer organization is a must, and you will often coach other customers or partner personnel on best practices and technical issues and is expected to be capable of delivering a tailored message to C-level customer or partner executives and also providing layman's explanation to non-technical customers as required. Typically a Project manager in the role will be responsible for multiple projects typically up to around 50 days effort and over a few months duration. Organization, prioritization and effective time management are essential to delivering to meet the needs of multiple customers across different projects.
More information can be found at https://www.oracle.com/corporate/features/hospitality/index.html
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Delivering within the agreed time table, budget and quality metrics. Assisting customers to achieve the expected business benefits. Develops Project Folder, which includes Customer Contract, Handover to support, Statement of Work, Project Plan and other project documentation. Provides accurate and frequently updated project revenue forecast
* Manages the work of resources, subcontractor personnel, and clients together with cost/schedule/resource variances. Manages the full deployment team along with the project costs, revenue and resource time. Triggers invoicing milestones in line with forecast and ensures provision of proof of delivery in line with contract for all billable work. Maintains/expands client relationship and acts as the trusted advisor to the customer on all aspects within an account. Ensures client expectations are met/exceeded and establishes client follow-up/monitor process. Conducts final project team review/critique and communicates project status. Produces project documentation. Works on project administration (billing, tracking, forecasting and auditing)
* Defines goals and objectives. Identifies client requirements and project resource requirements. Develops a project budget and produces project estimates. Direct project delivery through progress tracking, financial management, scope management, and risk assessment and management
* Industry Knowledge - providing customers with Oracle Food and Beverage Consulting industry best practices
* Functional Expertise - providing customers with Oracle Food and Beverage Consulting functional expertise to drive the discovery/requirements phase of a project
* Pre-Sales Support - working with the Engagement Manager / Practice Manager to support follow-on opportunities within the customer
* Create and/or provide final review of high-quality project deliverables, including Search Tuning or Audit documents
Essential Skills, Education and Work Experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field is preferred.
* A combination of 5 years of experience in project management and the implementation of software.
* Experience in Hotels, Food & Beverage or Retail customers would be a plus.
* Experience of being a customer facing project manager and management of remote consulting services is essential
* In addition, the following are critical skills required (or desired, where noted) to perform well in this position:
* Experience leading professional service/consulting teams; experience as a Project Manager
* Proven track record delivering projects on time and on budget while achieving performance milestones and exceeding client expectations
* Excellent problem-solving, research and analysis, technical, team building, and leadership skills
* Experience utilizing OUM, PMP or Prince2 methodologies
* Ability to write and deliver technical documents to internal and external clients
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* Good (fluent) Swedish oral and excellent written skills is a must. Good English both Oral and written is a must. Danish and/or Finish language is desirable.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer-facing skills at all levels of a customer organization
* Solid presentation skills, great at developing rapport with customers and partners
* Ability to adjust communication content to a wide range of audiences (e.g. Layperson, technical developers to C-level executives)
If you want to transfer your project management skills to a fast moving and dynamic niche market then this is the place to be. If you enjoy staying in hotels, eating in Restaurants, visiting stadiums or theme parks, have a drive to succeed and want a fresh challenge in a fast paced industry then you should join us.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.