Join a growing team of passionate, self-motivated, talented, and creative people with big ideas about the future of software for the investment industry. Backstop is a Chicago headquartered firm that develops web-based software applications for hedge funds and the people who invest in them. Over the last few years, we have grown considerably, won several awards, and built a lot of great software. Backstoppers take both our customers and our service very seriously, but pride ourselves on not taking ourselves too seriously in the process.
Do you have experience in the Alternative Investment Industry? Do you enjoy the challenge of handling multiple projects while delighting clients? Can you meet timelines and coordinate with other teams? Then check out the Project Manager opening at Backstop - deepen your understanding of alternative investments and hone your project management skills with us!
The Professional Services Group is looking for an industry-versed, client-oriented individual seeking an Implementation Consultant career path. This is a non-technical, billable role managing the successful implementation of Backstop's enterprise software suite. Implementation Consultants share the best practices of the alternative investment industry, manage large projects, address complex client needs, direct data reconciliation, and delight our clients. A Project Manager also leads internal knowledge sharing and other projects.
* Become an expert in Backstop Solutions implementation methodology applying it to all projects.
* Demonstrate mastery of the Backstop Solutions product suite.
* Create project plans, verify data work, configure software and create reports for clients.
* Train clients on Backstop software.
* Meet internal/project timelines and overcome project hurdles.
* Manage multiple concurrent projects of varying sizes and complexity with minimal oversight.
* Coordinate tasks among various members of the project and client team.
* Achieve monthly & annual utilization targets for billable hours.
* Actively contribute to client satisfaction and position other service offerings.
* Share knowledge and expertise with other Professional Service team members.
* Balance internal engagement with client expectations and project deliverables.
* Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and estimate effort.
Experience and Skills
* Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience required.
* 2+ years in alternative investment industry.
* 3+ years of project management/consulting experience.
* Web and in-person training experience.
* Proven ability to engage and delight clients.
* Previous experience at a Hedge Fund, FOF, PE, Endowment, Pension or related service provider is a plus.
* Previous experience with a major systems integrator or enterprise software implementation experience is a plus.
* Previous experience or working knowledge with Partnership Accounting.
* Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
* Live in (or relocate yourself to) the New York area and work in a Backstop office. Ability to travel up to 20% (e.g. 1 out of 5 weeks).
* Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
* Unlimited vacation time
* 401(k) company match
* Professional organization memberships
* Gourmet coffee, tea, and espresso
* Game room, team events and quarterly company parties
* Weekly games, beer and snacks
* Casual work environment, jeans encouraged (when not visiting clients)
* Work with smart, cool and dedicated folks
* The chance to work for a growing service provider in the alternative financial industry
We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of disability, veteran status, or personal characteristic, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion is both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.