The Arlo Smart Home Device team is seeking a Manager or Lead of Image Quality testing. The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years' experience in camera Image Quality testing. We are looking for a self-starter and someone able to get advanced engineering projects completed. This candidate will be able to communicate effectively with vendors and Arlo management about issues, status and requirements. The candidate will need to review test results from vendors and provide them feedback and approval.
* Create and maintain Arlo IQ test plans
* Organize Arlo IQ team priorities and testing
* Hands on IQ testing of Arlo products
* Help grow the Arlo IQ team's skillset and productivity via knowledge sharing and training
* Work with IQ test equipment vendors to improve productivity, test coverage, and accuracy
* Potentially work with 3rd parties IQ test labs to augment test bandwidth during peak demand
* Work with Image Signal Processing (ISP) vendors and Original Design and Manufacturers (ODMs) to establish product performance targets, test methods, and test plans for them to execute.
* Review IQ test results from ODMs and ISP vendors, provide feedback.
* Review manufacturing test plans from ODMs and provide feedback, travel to factory site as needed.
* At least 10 years of Product IQ testing experience on R&D side. Experience with establishing image and video quality metrics
* Experience in IQ testing automation
* 2+ years of experience in leadership position
* Extensive experience working with 3rd parties such as ISP vendors, sensor vendors, ODMs to tune image quality.
* Experience working with tools suppliers for IQ testing
* Familiarity with signal and image processing technologies, such as de-noising, sharpening, tone mapping, etc. ISP algorithms and designs, auto-white balance, auto-exposure, and auto-focus algorithms. Image quality evaluation tools (e.g. IMATEST), usage of camera tuning equipment (e.g. lightbooths).
* Consumer product experience strongly desired
Additional experiences a plus:
* Experience in Optics and Lens design
* Experience with image processing technology development
* Familiarity with high level programming language/software such as Matlab, Lab View, or similar to assist in developing automated testing and data collection.
BS EE or relevant work experience
Camera, ISP, image quality, video quality, image processing, video processing, color processing, ISP pipeline, noise reduction, detail enhancement, tone mapping, high dynamic range, super resolution, Image/video quality