We are currently seeking a talented Developer I to join our team in Cary, NC.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
* Approximately 3 to 6 years of experience in software project delivery in manufacturing environments
* Experience with VMWare environments, Networking, operating systems is a plus
* Demonstrates a solid knowledge and experience of software development techniques and principles. Demonstrates ability to meet project budgets and scope.
* Demonstrates knowledge and consistent performance in conversion of software design to effective implementation in commercial software products including following MAVERICK's Project Complete® Methodology.
* Demonstrates leadership through ownership of technical project deliverables and working with less experienced resources for assigned project work scopes.
* Performs the technical work scope for projects, and provides accurate status reporting of same to technical leadership and project management.
* Responsible for maintaining and enhancing personal technical skills as well as working with less experienced team members.
* Development Technical Knowledge:
* Manages program flow (Manage parallel and concurrent execution, create continuation tasks, manage data by using concurrent collections, evaluate expressions, create/implement event handlers, handle exception types)
* Creates and uses types (Create value types, reference types, constructors, methods, classes, box or unbox to convert between value types, enforce encapsulation by using properties, create/apply attributes, manipulate strings)
* Debugs applications and implements security (Validate serialized data, manage data integrity, create/manage certificates, encrypt streams, version assemblies, create/manage compiler directives, implement diagnostics in an application)
* Implements data access (Read and write files and streams, retrieve/update data from a database, query data by using operators, serialize/deserialize data, store/retrieve data by using dictionaries, arrays, lists, sets, and queues)
* Executes functional test plans and unit testing
* Database Technical Knowledge
* Creates database objects (create tables without using the built in tools, create indexed views, ensure code non regression by keeping consistent signature for procedure, create/modify constraints)
* Works with data (write and perform queries efficiently, use and understand different data access technologies, implement sub-queries, identify problematic elements in query plans, use appropriate data, understand the uses and limitations of each data type, understand XML datatypes and their schemas)
* Modifies data (write stored procedures to meet a given set of requirements, manage branching logic, determine the output of a set of DDL given a set of code with defaults, constraints, and triggers, understand deterministic and non-deterministic functions)
* Troubleshoots and optimizes (understand statistics, read query plans, mark a transaction, evaluate the use of row-based operations vs. set-based operations, transaction management)
* Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training.
* Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and by reporting/documenting safety incidences and near misses.
* Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development of oneself as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers.
* Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources.
* Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer.
* Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
* Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
* Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms or other new offerings at MAVERICK.
* Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
* Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams.
* Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs.
* Demonstrates a business acumen that allows for effective utilization of tools and standards to ensure project deliverables are met.
Check out some of our Awards below, and then visit our website at www.mavtechglobal.com to learn more about MAVERICK Technologies. We look forward to your application and always welcome referrals!
* International Society of Automation's Premier Strategic Partner for Systems Integration
* Named to The Silicon Review magazine's
"50 Best Companies to Watch" (2016)
* Named to Fortune magazine's
"50 Best Workplaces for Flexibility" (2016)
* CEO and Founder Paul J. Galeski received ISA's Excellence in Leadership Award and Honorary Membership (2012)
* Proud to be in Control Engineering's System Integrator Hall of Fame
* Control Engineering's System Integrator of the Year (2011, 2015)
* Paul Galeski named an ISA Fellow.
* 2008 Frost & Sullivan North American System Integrator Company of the Year
* Microsoft® Gold Certified Partner for Microsoft Business Solutions
* Diamond Level Service Partner for Yokogawa Corporation of America
* One of the Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies - named six times.
* Paul Galeski named Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year (2002)
* Wonderware ArchestrA® Certified System Integrator (SI).
MAVERICK Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.