Costco's Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is responsible for delivering enterprise-wide Identity, Access,
Directory and Authentication Services with capability to support cloud and on-prem application services. IAM utilizes a hybridized architectural approach consisting of multi-platform and multi-prem methods to provide a wide range of capabilities for users and web services. The IAM Group integrates both legacy and modernized infrastructure components to support global company initiatives.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
As part of Identity technical leadership, this role will be responsible for the following:
* Designs, configures, troubleshoots and supports IAM initiatives and solutions.
* Collaborates with Costco teams to help provide security/IAM best practices and design patterns.
* Develops and Documents environment topologies and standards.
* Provides a senior escalation point for complex issues. Ensures timely recovery from outages, performs root cause analysis and implements preventative measures.
* Seeks opportunities to automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes.
* Acts as a team lead and mentor to others.
* Gathers requirements from internal clients and provides security/IAM technical expertise to the development of initiative requirements.
* Ensures that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational standards, goals and objectives.
* Partners with Solution Architects to generate project Solution Outline
* Contributes, interprets and communicates enterprise, technical, project and operational strategies to team
* Assists in the planning, design and development of new capabilities and enhancements to existing applications
* Sets direction/tone (working with Team Manager and Project Managers) to establish cadence for project execution.
* Leads/Conducts solution reviews for team members and contributes and/or owns criteria for review.
* Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Expert understanding of standard engineering concepts such as high availability, redundancy, reliability, and performance.
* Strong understanding of protocols and standards within IAM.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to provide mentoring and training to team members on technology.
* Ability to cross collaborate with others on large complex projects.
* Strong ability to properly convey IAM concepts and standards to others
* Must be a self starter with the ability to prioritize tasks.
* Ability to communicate to all levels of management.
* Ability to identify gaps and recommend solutions to align with security and IAM standards and procedures as well as identifying areas for significant improvement, optimization and automation.
* Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
* Follows Enterprise standards for Security and Best Practices.
* Strong understanding of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and IDaaS architecture and concepts.
* Interfaces with and provides technical leadership to others in the IT division and business to address ongoing business needs.
* Ability to articulate, gather, drive conversations, and document requirements
* Expert skills in design and process flows
* Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing IAM technologies and services
* Understanding of provisioning, authentication, federation, and sync
* Knowledge of public key infrastructure or cryptography standards
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.