Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, lead technology decisions, and come up with new ideas that will push a product above and beyond your competitor's products? Viasat is a unique blend of technical challenge, opportunity to excel, team camaraderie, and opportunity to work with industry leaders. Sound interesting? Keep reading.
Viasat's Identity Management Team is the guardian of internal and external customers and their accounts. We provide innovative solutions to support solutions around the globe, wherever they may be! We touch every element of the business: our corporate offices, our customer service teams, a diverse partner and dealer community, and many more.
In This Role At Viasat
Works closely with IAM Architect and IAM Program Manager to build and deliver the future state Identity and Access Management (IAM) strategy for the Enterprise. Helps define the future state vision for how identities and the access assigned to those identities, will be managed, enforced and reported upon across all parts of the business and related IT assets. Drives the day to day technical delivery of IAM components required to support the future state IAM architecture. Works with minimal oversight and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalates when necessary and updates the IAM Product Manager and Architect on a regular basis.
What our ideal Candidate looks like:
You have a strong understanding of identity management and security at both startup and large scale computing environments. You have experience implementing and subverting security controls. You have implemented and supported security solutions across a variety of product based and/or enterprise applications and operating systems. You're passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job, not their computing environment. You understand different people have different needs to be productive and strive to develop innovative solutions. You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely. You're knowledgeable. You love sharing your unique skill set with others. You identify problems, propose solutions and drive implementation. You leverage your security expertise to support innovative security solutions across the enterprise. You enjoy working with customers around the world. Challenge excites you. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, building, and securing cloud computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
* Strong understanding of IAM concepts and features
* Strong technical skills across a variety of technologies such as multi-tiered architecture, databases, LDAP and directory services, application servers, network infrastructure, and understanding security and dataflow within these components
* 2+ years of experience in Identity, Access, and Federation Management industry
* 2+ years of experience with Provisioning suites, such as One Identity, SailPoint, Fischer, CA and/or Oracle Identity Manager (OIM)
* 2+ years of exp with Access Management and Federation suites, including OpenAM
* 2+ years of experience with requirements, design, implementation, integration, and testing
* 2+ years of experience with Unix or Linux servers
* 2+ years of experience with Relational Databases and SQL
* Working knowledge of Java, XML, JSP, C++, perl, Python, or Ruby
* Working knowledge of Single Sign On (SSO) and SAML
* Excellent collaboration, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Strong documentation practices
* Ability and dedication to learn new technologies
* Bachelor's Degree
* US Citizenship Required
* Up to 10% Travel
* Experience with Identity Management Vendors such ForgeRock, SailPoint, Oracle, PingIdentity, and Microsoft
* Experience with implementing PKI and PIV standards
* Experience with federation technologies and solutions
* Knowledge of information security best practices
* Knowledge of Enterprise Directory Architecture
* Experience working with cloud platforms and/or technologies (AWS, Openstack, etc)
* Knowledge of IT, service-oriented architectures, software development life cycle, or information security platforms and applications
* Knowledge of best practices and standards for enterprise security architecture across one or more of the following areas: Service-Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus, Business Process Management, Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Management, Identity and Access Management, Collaboration Tools, Mobility, and Data Analytics and Visualization
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.