IBX (Data Center) Facility Engineer (Nights)
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people like you who thrive on solving problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
In this role, you will complete repairs, corrective maintenance, and routine installations. You can resolve incidents as required.
* You will perform site inspections and monitor the building and IBX alarms
* Performs preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or leads vendors
* You undertake repairs and corrective maintenance
* You operate critical infrastructure under the supervision of more senior technical staff
* Completion of site logs and data gathering issuing for basic permits, such as MOPs and scripts
* You respond to all on-site incidents and acts as required
* Completes routine work requests and circuit installations
* You provide assistance during critical maintenance activities
* You are able to effectively collaborate within the department and provide recommendations to peers for general maintenance activities
* You carry out basic infrastructure projects
* 1+ years experience
* High School Diploma
* You perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation
* You are available to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required
* You can lift heavy equipment/items up to 50 pound
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is a company that provides interconnection and networking services.