IBX (Data Center) Facility Engineer (Nights)
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who build The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Performs repairs, maintenance, and installations. Collaborates with others to resolve incidents and to keep the IBX running smoothly.
* Performs site inspections and monitors the building and IBX alarms
* You perform preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or manage vendors
* Assists more senior staff in repairs and corrective maintenance
* You are responsible for completion of site logs and data gathering for permits, such as MOPs and scripts
* Assists with responding to all on-site incidents and acts as directed
* You may begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
* Completes basic work requests and circuit installations
* You provide assistance and knowledge to department during routine maintenance activities
* Contributes to ongoing infrastructure projects
* 1+ years experience
* High School Diploma
* Able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Ability to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required
* Able to lift heavy equipment/items up to 50 pounds
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is a company that provides interconnection and networking services.