IBM Power Systems Network Performance Analyst
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is hiring a IBM Power Systems Network Performance Analyst in our Austin, TX location.
We are seeking an engineer to optimize network performance on existing and future enterprise server hardware. You will be working with a highly motivated team of world class performance experts. Many Fortune 500 organizations use this technology to drive their businesses. You will have the opportunity to innovate and grow your career with performance expertise. All of this is based on the ability to work in a team, network with people outside of the team and effectively communicate in written and verbal presentations is essential.
As part of the Power Performance IO team you will impact the customer performance experience for enterprise class server environments. You will be working with the enterprise performance and operating system development teams to ensure that all features and functions meet the performance expectations.
This role will involve using a suite of performance analysis tools along with industry standard utilities to verify expected customer performance, analyze gaps and take measures to mitigate problems with other stakeholders across the IBM developer ecosystem. Your work includes all Power systems platforms such as AIX, Linux and IBMi running IBM and OEM networking components. You will be modernizing and optimizing routine work with scripts and present results to the IBM management team
Candidate should be:
* Familiar with IBM Power ISA
* Familiar with Microprocessor Architecture and Power Systems
* Familiar with UNIX/Linux/AIX
* Able to install AIX/Linux and configure network adapters
* Familiar with network connectivity ( adapters, cables, network switches )
* Basic networking and TCP/IP knowledge
* Experienced with Scripting languages Shell, Perl, Python
* Familiar with concepts for virtualized system ( KVM or VIOS )
* Familiarity with AIX or Linux network counter and debug tools a plus
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
In this role, we require:
* At least 5 year's experience with networking products deployed in server systems
* Ability to work with global teams
* English: Fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Agile/ Scrum methodology experience
* Knowledge of statistical analysis and experimental design techniques
* Excellent knowledge of Linux/AIX operating system
* Experience analyzing and interpreting large volume of production data to understand throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
* IBM Power hardware, IBM storage subsystems, HMC, VIOS, PowerVM, KVM
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio is designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Software Development & Support
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:236503BR
* Location:AUSTIN, TX US