IBM Cloud Software Developer
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to develop the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing, and with unmatched hardware/software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
IBM Cloud's Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Networking Tribe is dedicated to ensuring that IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from network architecture to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with industry-leading efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and we are driven by this incredible opportunity to make our clients successful. We are looking for Software Developers to join our team, who innovate & share our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace.
This position is for a software developer who has 5+ years' programming experience using C/C++, Java, Python, or Go. In this role you will work as a member of a software development squad within the IBM Cloud VPC Networking tribe, and perform the following key
* Design and implement software components of the IBM Cloud VPC's Zone Network Control Plane (ZNCP).
* Develop software in Python, utilizing Agile methodologies in a Scrum process framework.
* Develop unit and functional tests as the foundation of a robust continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline.
* Adhere to best practices through all phases of software development, with constant attention to performance, security, quality and maintainability.
* In this role, you will work closely with squads across the IBM Cloud Networking tribe, as well as across the broader IBM Cloud organization.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* 5+ years' of development experience with Python, NodeJS, Java, C++, or Go
* Understanding of complex software systems integration, and associated methodologies
* Track record of delivering products and services to market.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Microservices, Database (any SQL dialect), Distributed Computing, UML, and API experience are a plus
* Git, Zuul, Travis, Kibana, Kubernetes, etcd skills are a plus
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Software Development & Support
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:235262BR
* Location:AUSTIN, TX US