IAM Data Strategy and Platform - Technical Program Manager
Req #: 190034210
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Cybersecurity Technology Controls (CTC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase's Controls, Access Management and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTC is to drive standardization, consistency and simplicity in a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
The Global Identity and Access Management (GIAM) organization within CTC provides access control governance and Identity Services for all lines of business (LOBs) globally, providing the right access to the right people at the right time for all technology platforms and applications supported by TC, and provides a comprehensive set of applications, tools, and staff to globally implement, monitor and manage technology risk solutions.
The GIAM Data Platform team is responsible for defining and delivering on the GIAM organization's data strategy and needs, and does so by delivering our next generation platform capabilities and through project execution. Examples projects includes our measurement initiatives, data platform migrations, and data management programs.
This position is for a Technical Project Manager on the GIAM Data Platform team, who will lead cross-organizational project teams to deliver significant business results / deliverables.
* Responsible for management cross-team technology projects and programs from inception to implementation; responsibilities include, but not limited to, project task estimation, resource scheduling, risk management, issue management and budget/financial management.
* Monitors project progress, project health, and adjusts resources and priorities
* Identifies process improvement opportunities to optimize project effectiveness and delivery
* Establishes project or program requirements, priorities and deadlines
* Ensures project or program is completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
* Coordinates resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across one or more projects or programs
* Develops plans and manages interdependencies between teams
* Publishes project and program status and executive reporting and communicates effectively with senior management via multiple channels
* Interacts with executive leadership and stakeholders to deliver projects and programs
People Management & Leadership
* Coaches and mentors less experienced team members and may also include people management responsibilities
* Acts as the thought leader for project-related activities: turning plans into execution, identifying project framework, defining resource needs, and navigating the resource-demand processes
* Able to manage influence and motivation upward and downward
* Resolves conflict through expert collaboration and broad decision-making
* Open to different points of view and constructive feedback
Ability to develop and articulate well thought out business case and its risk and/or financial impacts
* Understands interdependencies between multiple variables and must consider tradeoffs and impact of decisions
* Anticipates and resolves both customer and general issues with a sense of urgency
* Contributes to setting and driving the strategic direction for the department
Client Focus / Partnership
Partners with clients, product owners, and delivery teams on requirements rationalization and delivery plans
* Engages organization in introducing ideas for improving client service
* Mobilizes resources across boundaries to solve issues in a productive manner
* Pursues cross functional opportunities to improve customer experience or meet customer needs
Risk & Controls
Demonstrates superior judgment to mitigate risk that could impact the firm's reputation
* Identifies and pursues root-cause analysis of risk / compliance issues client / customer complaints
* Fosters an environment where risk / control issues are escalated, and trends are anticipated and identified
When you work at JPMorgan Chase& Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a self-motivated leader who is enthusiastic and has a keen interest in understanding our business and managing risk. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills, excellent program / project management skills, strong analytical thinking, an understanding of how systems work, a solid understanding of risk and controls for the firm and the ability to address issues independently, even when working under pressure, with challenging deadlines. Candidates will need experience in the following:
* Experience in rationalizing functional and technical requirements
* Experience rationalizing systems and/or data flows
* Knowledge of standards and controls, managing contract and vendor relationships, and ability to work across organizations to implement strategic solutions required
* Strong track record of driving and delivering results
* Demonstrated experience in program / project management including identifying, remediating and escalating issues or risks, as necessary
* Working knowledge of SDLC and Agile Framework
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form, depending on the audience (including executive presentations)
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills and ability to multi task and deliver to a tight deadline
* Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
* Experience and proven ability in developing management reports, gathering/analyzing data, developing accurate conclusions and providing recommendations with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand risk implications
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence people at all levels across organizational boundaries
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment
* Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
The candidate should have experience in one of the following:
* Experience in the Identity and Access domain or other risk and control domains
* Experience in delivering Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), risk indicators, or other metrics
* Experience in Data Management
* Experience delivering solutions via Cloud capabilities
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.