Lead Domain Architect
Science / Engineering/Business graduate
Thought Leadership / New Solution Development / Delivery Excellence:
* Write and publish white papers (related to business and technology evolution and implications).
* Structure and deliver documentation for complex systems targeted at wider audience.
* Interact and engage with customers around new innovative ideas, concepts, assets.
* as well as industry trends and implications.
* Identify innovative ideas at the account / industry level to improve delivery quality and productivity in areas of domain.
* Identify business opportunities to design products.
* Build awareness of industry and domain trends and evaluate applicability to project and verticals.
* Create / Share best practices and reusable tools, emerging from different engagements, to guide the team to deliver faster time to market Identify areas where components could be reused across different accounts.
* Create the reusable components where possible and educate team on the same.
* Actively design and contribute to assets for respective SGOs/strategic corp initiative groups (eg Code Halo, SMAC, Medicare & Medicaid).
Consulting (for clients):
For large programs / critical development projects:
* Define the solution and business roadmap for consulting/delivery assignments where required.
* Assess, prioritize and manage customer expectations and needs in regards to functional and business requirements.
* Understand the function strategy for the customer to aid better functional recommendations.
* For each functional block, to understand and map the corresponding available components/solutions/offerings in the market (eg) Claims platform â€" Facets/QNXT/HealthEdge/Plexis.
* Support customers in identifying the functional requirements to arrive at the scope of the assignment.
* Provide recommendations to the customer on the business processes and functionalities in line with strategy.
* Conduct business systems assessment, business value assesmments, functional prioritixations, gap analysis, provide inputs on system consolidation & rationalization.
* Own the end to end process reengineering solution in terms of consolidation, guidance and review.
* Provide estimates for â€™sufficientlyâ€˜ large engagements taking into considerations, organization benchmark/guidelines, reuse of best practices / tools etc.
* Articulate estimation methodology, module level estimations for projects/assignments with significantly higher complexity, risks and dependencies, with focus on effort estimation alone.
* Provide inputs and support to Project/Program management around project estimates.
* Understand the customer specific process for large /critical development projects, analyze the gaps, map Cognizant and customer (domain specific) process and tools on functional requirements.
* Conduct solution mapping to Business KPI's for delivery.
* Understand the various work streams and the functional requirements necessary to deliver on large programs.
* Understand integration requirements of the systems/processes throâ€™ the enterprise.
* Independently define domain architecture for complex applications.
* Build and drive alignment to enterprise reference architecture and roadmap.
* Resolve any issues based on industry expertise.
* Conceptualize the Pilot / PoC.
* Review outcomes of pilots.
* Interact with business customers to ensure alignment of pilot outcomes with market and customer needs.
* Guide the Sr Analyst for defining standards / guidelines.
* If needed, define the standards.
* Define and measure project /program specific architectural and functional traceability metrics.
* Conduct quality audits of functional artifacts and ensure compliance for multiple accounts.
* Guide the project team on the tools / reusable assets.
* Consolidate the overall project / program level risks, assumptions, constraints, dependencies from a technological / solution point of view.
* Understand the risk and manage risk of using reusable framework and/or processÂ·Set up & govern architecture review boardÂ Review all outputs across all SDLC phases from design to testing to ensure functional requirements are met.
* Conduct training programs, knowledge sharing sessions and blog actively for knowledge dissemination within the business unit.
* Conduct training programs for team on best practices in architecture.
* Gain industry standard certifications on functional consulting.
* Provide training on best practices in domain area.
* Plan and drive building, maintenance and consumption of knowledge management repository.
* Assist development of collateral (single service catalogues etc) related to domain for enablement of vertical delivery teams as well as sales teams.
Business Development & Customer Relationship Management:
* Collaborate and support the account team by tracking the pipeline opportunities and generating new leads wherever possible.
* Understand customer needs and pain points in depth and identify business opportunities that the customer could be approached for.
* Pursue critical and high value leads in consultation with senior managers.
* Participate in RFPs/ RFIs as required by identifying business process recommendations, domain solutions, reviewing estimates specific to existing accounts in partnership with BD team / DM /PM.
* Present the value proposition of recommended business/functional solution to customers, Cognizant capabilities during bids and client visits.
* Anchor proposal development with crosslinkages across multiple competency units to arrive at a coherent solution proposal with focus on presenting unique value propositions and clear differentiators.
* Provide guidance and mentorship to team.
* Identify training needs and establish training plans for the team.
* Set clear and objective goals for team.
* Conduct appraisals.
* Identify priorities and deploy action items for competency development.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.