Group Nine Media
As part of Group Nine Media's I.T. Infrastructure team, the IT Administrator position is considered an experienced IT engineering and support individual with advanced technical and interpersonal skills. While primarily focused on the upkeep and maintenance of Group Nine's computer and network infrastructure, the IT Administrator will occasionally be assigned oversight and management of various IT projects both big and small. An IT administrator requires quick thinking, innovative problem solving and a deep pool of knowledge based on experience to draw from for creative fault resolution. Furthermore, the Los Angeles IT Administrator begins as a team of one, reporting back to the NYC I.T. department, and as such we're looking for a self-starter who is happy to fly solo from time to time.
* Accountable for maintaining and supporting the company's software portfolio (Slack, gSuite, LDAP, SAN, frame.io, etc)
* Oversee and manage VOIP (FreePBX & SIP) phone systems, as well as video conferencing systems across Group Nine
* Act as an escalation point for IT support specialists in fault resolution/advanced troubleshooting for machine hardware/software issues.
* Perform network patching/cable crimping as needed for room reconfigurations and/or employee movements. Occasional switch or network configuration management.
* Undertake minor IT projects as needed (system upgrades, end user training, new system implementation).
* Take ownership of software license management, allocation and revocation - ensuring both and overspend are avoided.
* Oversee reliability of Group Nine's storage server infrastructure (Synology, QNAP, Glacier) and ensure hardware failures are addressed in a timely manner.
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
* Highly developed verbal/written communications and interpersonal skills
* Team player, positive attitude, flexible with changing workflows
* Experience with SIP Trunking, FreePBX, or similar SIP-based VOIP services
* 3+ years Systems Administration or similarexperience in a corporate environment
* Basic knowledge of network protocols such as: TCP/IP, IP Routing, VLAN, HTTP, SMTP, and SNMP
* Storage Server (SAN/NAS) management and strong understanding of RAID, AFP/SMB/CIFS, as well as cloud and on-prem backup solutions(AWS S3+Glacier, rsync)
* Linux administration experience, specifically CentOS
* Google Apps or comparable email administration experience
* MacOS and Windows
* Cisco switch management and configuration (Meraki and/or Cisco IOS)
* Firewall policy and interface configuration/management (Fortinet preferred)
* Keen interest in the media industry, specifically web media
* General understanding of audio/video production equipment
We have amazing people. We can promise you'll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better once you're here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, and tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is a digital media holding company comprising Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo, and Seeker.