Job Title: Hyperion Analyst Developer
Reporting To: Director, Financial Planning Applications
Department: Information Technology
Location: Santa Monica, CA
This newly created position - Hyperion Analyst Developer - will be responsible for support of Activision Blizzard's Planning, Reporting, Profitability applications, and development of new features to meet the needs of our users.
The Hyperion Analyst Developer will:
* Validate financial data to establish trust in the data in Hyperion Planning and Reporting applications
* Participate in all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance windows
* Respond to problem tickets from users to resolve application issues, assess business impact and priority
* Support Hyperion applications by resolving issues submitted by users and assist them with their questions
* Develop and/or modify Hyperion calculation scripts, business rules, Planning forms, SQL codes, automation packages, HPCM allocations.
* Create and/or modify data load rules and perform data loads and exports to assist with unscheduled data backups and/or restores
The Hyperion Analyst Developer will need to have an advanced level knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Essbase and Financial Reports, and a strong understanding of general business and accounting processes. The Hyperion Analyst Developer will have a passion to improve our users' productivity while maintaining appropriate business compliance controls. The Hyperion Analyst Developer will be flexible in changing priorities and associated work activities to meet the changes in the business.
* Minimum of 8 years Information Systems experience.
* Minimum of 5 years hands on technical experience with Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management Suite of products.
* Solid Experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Deployment of Hyperion Planning/Essbase 188.8.131.52, Profitability and Cost Management, Oracle Data Integrator, Financial Reports, Smart View.
* Strong technical skills including writing/creating calculation scripts, business rules, MAXL automation scripts, load rules, report scripts, web forms, financial reports, automation packages using ODI.
* Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
* Solid experience using MS Office with an expert level in Excel.
* Excellent communication skills and personality - we serve users in many countries around the work and in every functional area - excellent verbal and written communication skills and versatile personality is required.
* A dedication for high quality service and end product for our users.
* A desire to always look for alternative and better ways to solve problems and provide solutions.
* The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize competing deliverable.
* Hyperion Financial Management
* Hyperion Data Management
* Functional understanding of Accounting, Finance, and Planning & Budgeting
* Finance knowledge - background in Finance and an understanding of the B/S and P&L
* VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) knowledge for Excel to automate Essbase retrievals
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We're proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®" for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies," and "Future 50" lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.