Hydroprocessing - Tech Svs Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity Locations: Des Plaines, IL or Houston, TX
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Technology Service Specialist within the Hydroprocessing & Renewables Technology Services Group of the Technical Services Department of Honeywell UOP's Engineering, Services, & Equipment (ES&E) Business Unit located in Des Plaines, IL. This position plays a key role in completing the transfer of UOP's technology in order to keep customers' UOP-licensed or UOP-designed units operating safely & profitably. There is regular interaction with UOP's external customers and within UOP. Ability to travel up to 20% annually to both domestic and international sites. Much of this travel can be scheduled and planned in advance
* Evaluate commercial operations of UOP and competitor technology to assist customers in achieving their goals.
* Review, analyze and provide feedback on crude/vacuum column and hydroprocessing unit operating data.
* Provide troubleshooting support for crude and vacuum column operation.
* Serve as the focal point for office-based support of new unit and revamped unit start-ups from pre-commissioning through guarantee acceptance.
* Participate in Engineering review meetings for new units and revamps including Design Basis, PFD, P&ID, HAZOP and others.
* Mentor FOS Advisors and coach new process specialists
* Prepare and update operating manuals, process technology manuals, and training materials and present UOP technology training courses.
* Participate in customer meetings.
* Ensure that Engineering Reports prepared by FOS Advisors are reviewed and appropriate design and technical modifications are recommended.
* Lead projects for operations and design improvements.
* Share knowledge within the UOP technical community.
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
* Minimum 8 years of experience in a technical service, engineering, process operations.
* Minimum 2 years' experience with crude and vacuum column operation.
* Minimum 2 years' experience Ability to conduct physical inspections of pressure vessels, distillation columns, tanks, and piping is required.
* Design engineering role within the refining, petrochemical or gas processing industry
* Knowledgeable of one or more of the UOP Hydroprocessing technologies
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Solid comprehensive and problem solving skills
* Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
* JOB ID: HRD64995
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA
Performance Materials and Tech
Honeywell is a diversified technology and manufacturing company that invents and commercializes technologies in the areas of energy, safety, security, productivity, and global urbanization.