National Financial Partners
The HRIS Reporting & Integrations Analyst is a key technical HR partner responsible for supporting HRIS & Payroll reporting requirements, data interfaces, data auditing and exceptions, and requirements gathering and testing to drive platform strategy. The position requires a combination of technical, business and communication skills, with primary focus on report development, reporting strategy, data integrity, audit compliance, and systems integrations. Collaborates with HR shared services teams and business operations as well as systems vendors. Assignments are broad in nature usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serves as the primary resource for HR and Payroll data requests involving routine data queries, as well as building complex reports, report interface exports and dashboards utilizing Cognos Business Intelligence Report / Event Studio and other data reporting and visualization tools. Develops and distributes standardized and ad hoc reports.
* Maintains a Business Intelligence report library to ensure consistency in reporting and eliminates duplication of effort. Ensures all data output is accurate and all recipients are authorized.
* Performs and/or supports systems Interface development, maintenance, monitoring, and improvement efforts.
* Assures accuracy and integrity of data in various HR systems through execution of rigorous audits and thorough testing. Reports any identified issues and establishes mitigating controls. Promotes data integrity and a stable HRIS environment through security and configuration recommendations and practices. Build and continuously improve a Data Governance plan.
* Writes and analyzes business and system requirement documents that convey complex business analysis and technology solutions
* Updates procedural and/or configuration manuals/documentation and provide references for users by writing, maintaining and cataloguing user documentation, guidelines and job aids.
* Responsible for creating, monitoring & ensuring established scheduled/burst reports are delivered timely
* Act as a key project team contributor for HR system upgrades, patches, configurations, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
* Assists AVP, HR Operations with system enhancements, testing and implementation projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
* Advanced experience with Cognos Report Studio including the ability to code expressions and join queries is required. SQL knowledge a plus.
* Prior experience with a leading HRIS/Payroll system (Ultipro, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP) required, Ultipro strongly preferred
* Understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions and process flow in an integrated and automated HR system
* Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
* Ability to create information visualizations to demonstrate data trends and format data for reporting
* Knowledge of Web Services, API and system integration technologies desired
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle both planned and unplanned responsibilities
Education and/or Experience:
* High School Diploma and 5+ years' experience in an HRIS role with specific experience in and knowledge of data auditing, HR report preparation, and systems administration, required.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology or HR with experience in an HRIS role with knowledge of data entry, data interfaces, data auditing, HR report preparation, and systems administration, preferred.
About National Financial Partners
One of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms, NFP offers commercial insurance, corporate benefits and private client resources.
National Financial Partners