How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) - Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) has an immediate opening for a Host-Based Systems Analyst to support the customer team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
This position requires experience in providing leadership and vision in incident handling, response, and analysis. Must be hands-on and have intimate knowledge and experience in cybersecurity, incident response, and analysis; digital forensics; security vulnerabilities/weaknesses and related attacks; network security issues and encryption technologies; management of lab environments to include flyaway kits.
* Uses leading edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected cyber intrusions; and
* Follows proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols; and
* Produces written reports documenting digital forensic findings; and
* Determines programs that have been executed, finds files that have been changed on disk and in memory; and
* Uses timestamps and logs (host and network) to develop authoritative timelines of activity; and
* Finds evidence of deleted files and hidden data; and
* Identifies and documents case relevant file-system artifacts (browser histories, account usage and USB histories, etc.); and
* Creates forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic image) to use for data recovery and analysis; and
* Performs all-source research for similar or related network events or incidents; and
* Possesses skill in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages; and
* Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities; and
* Knowledge in proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources.
* Demonstrated to advanced operational experience as a Systems Analyst
* Demonstrated to advanced experience with computer networking and operating systems
* Demonstrated to advanced experience of current threats, vulnerabilities, and attack trends
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated to advanced experience working directly with customers to transfer Threat Hunting knowledge
* Possess good time management and written and oral communications skills
* Experience with some/all of: Hadoop, Apache NiFi, Kafka, Storm, Metron, Spark, Ambari, Kibana/Zeppelin, ThreatQ, FireEye Malware analysis
* Familiarity with: Netflow data, DNS logs, Proxy Logs
This position require a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of six (6) years directly related experience. Equivalent years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
REQUIRED Clearance: TS/SCI
Location: Arlington VA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 127669BR 127669
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.