Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we're the team that makes that happen.
Who Are You?
* You have an Undergraduate or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent, at least 5 years of professional Android development experience, and at least 1 year of leading a team in a senior capacity (tech lead/architect).
* You have a passion for writing clean, readable, and thoroughly tested code, and an eagerness to share your expertise with others.
* You have a mastery of Android fundamentals, interacting with endpoints, debugging, and memory management on Android.
* You have a deep understanding of architecture patterns such as MVP, MVVM, Clean/VIPER, etc., as well as async patterns.
* You are excited to learn about new libraries and technologies, and stay on the cutting edge of the evolving mobile landscape.
Additionally, we'd love to discuss further if you have:
* Experience with Kotlin
* Knowledge of GraphQl, SQL, and/or PHP
* Familiarity with building retail e-commerce applications
What Will You Do?
* Write high quality Java and Kotlin code in collaboration with iOS and Android developers, and evaluate new frameworks and libraries.
* Define best practices and coding standards for the many teams that contribute to our Android app, and address key areas of architectural vulnerability.
* Lead development for complex projects such as new apps, migrations, and automation
* Review code and provide guidance to other code reviewers.
* Work with designers and product managers in Wayfair's journey to being a mobile-first organization.
* Anticipate areas for improvement and investment, and highlight these for inclusion in the team's roadmap.
How Will You Be Challenged?
This is a great opportunity to work with Android at scale, contribute to an app used by millions worldwide, while being backed by an organization that is experiencing explosive growth. You will be a technical leader, setting the direction for a large and growing team of developers working on a variety of projects. You will be tackling the challenges of launching and supporting multiple apps, while working with cutting edge technologies, and within innovative processes. We are seeking architects who are comfortable leading complex projects and setting standards for the entire Android team.
Our native app won a Webby Award for our use of ARKit to allow our customers to render our furniture as 3D models in their living space.
Waychat: An in-app messaging service that gives shoppers the ability to chat with customer service agents in real-time and through the main Wayfair Android app. This is built using GraphQl and push notifications for message delivery. The Waychat messaging service is now being used across Wayfair for a variety of other applications.
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.