The Creative Intelligence Lab within Adobe Research is looking for a research engineer with a specialization in programming languages and performance optimization. Join our effort to help product teams throughout the company reap the benefits of Halide and other domain-specific languages for image, video, and audio processing: high performance, cross-platform portability, and code maintainability.
As a research engineer in Adobe Research, you will work closely with scientists and engineers to explore cutting-edge technologies for productive high-performance programming, helping to integrate new research into Adobe's existing products and increasing adoption of best practices in modern signal processing techniques. You will have the opportunity to:
* Collaborate with world-class scientists and engineers, within Adobe Research and across the company.
* Help create, build, test, and deploy novel image and video processing algorithms.
* Have an impact on shipping applications with millions of users.
* Learn from your peers and grow into new opportunities.
* PhD or Masters with additional industry experience as a software engineer, building products that shipped.
* Solid software design skills.
* Ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code, preferably in C++.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills.
* Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
Additional desired qualifications
* Experience implementing image processing algorithms.
* Expertise in performance profiling and optimization.
* Familiarity with the Halide domain-specific language.
* Understanding of modern CPU and GPU architectures and code generation techniques.
* Understanding of domain-specific programming languages and compilation.
* Knowledge of mobile computing as well as desktop computing.
* Proficiency in signal processing algorithms for images, video, or audio.
* Experience transferring new research into shipping products.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.