Reporting to the Manager of Network Operations, the Helpdesk Support Specialist will respond to and diagnose IT problems through a variety of means, such as phone, desk-side support or remote control technology. The Helpdesk Support Specialist will conduct problem identification, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up assuring excellent customer service and the timely closeout of trouble tickets in the ticketing system. The Helpdesk Support Specialist will coordinate additional support as needed to ensure problem resolution, customer satisfaction and quality assurance. The successful candidates will be tackling large and small projects that are fun, challenging and span the spectrum of IT Operations. We are looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team who will have the opportunity to work with senior members of IT on special projects (Cloud Technology (Azure, AWS, Google), SaaS Applications (BOX) Citrix/Vmware Virtual Desktops, Storage Area Networks, Blade servers, cloud backup, enterprise social collaboration, Aruba Switches and Wireless networks, Cisco Voice over IP, etc.)
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
* Record all IT requests and input problem information into ticketing system, focusing on first call resolution for Windows and all Apple iMac's desktops and Laptops
* Image, configure, and deploy Mac and Windows computer equipment with required applications
* Troubleshoot and Document virus-related issues on end-user computers.
* Escalate/assign tickets as needed
* Provide computer hardware support for PCs, laptops, monitors, servers, and other IT equipment
* Basic Knowledge of Office365
* Track hardware and software inventory
* Install and troubleshoot minor hardware & software malfunctions and correct them as directed
* Deploy office phone equipment
* Assist with office moves as needed
* Keep teammates and management informed of trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays
* Develop training documentation/user guides for common user issues
* Setup and support audio/video equipment as needed
* Support video conferencing as needed
* Provide basic smartphone support
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are a must for this task
* Resolve network related issues (internet connectivity, printers, wireless).
* Manage user and groups accounts through Active Directory (unlock account, password reset, update information)
* Remote into user's workstation to troubleshoot issues
* Perform hardware evaluations and make recommendations based on evaluations
* Monitor system alerts and escalate if necessary
* Participate in special projects as required
* Will be required to participate in on-call rotation during after hours and weekends
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum 1-2 years' recent experience supporting Mac OS
* Must have 1-2 years' Windows 7/10, internet browsers, LAN connectivity and network printing in large environment
* Must have 1-2 years of experience in relevant dedicated help desk customer support environment
* Basic administration of users in Active Directory and Office 365
* Ability to plan, organize and track tasks for team and self
* The ability to quickly understand and solve customer issues using customer service best practices while maintaining a positive attitude
* Individual should be able to multi-task and establish priorities and have a genuine eagerness to learn new concepts
* Attention to detail and organizational skills
* Hardware and Software Inventory management
* Experience with PowerShell
* Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.