Help Desk/Triage Support Technician
FT: M-F (early Fridays), Occasional Sundays as needed.
Benefits Eligible (10 PTO days, 2 weeks off annually, 401k, free medical and more).
What we do & who we need:
Are you interested in working within a culture of opportunity and accountability where your work-impact is visible with each project? How about a professional home where ideas are respected and heard? If so, we are excited you made your way here! Though our name has been touted among content-creators everywhere for years, Adorama is currently endeavoring to launch ourselves even further competitively and we're looking to fill some key positions within our IT Department to achieve this. Right now, we are looking for our newest Help Desk Technician to navigate our robust IT/Triage activities, so if this sounds interesting we would love to hear from you! For more about Adorama, our mission and what we do, please take a look at our bio-summary further below.
The Help Desk Technician is a great opportunity for anyone interested in diverse work that doesn't just focus on one thing all day- at Adorama you will have the important responsibility of implementing end-user organization by maintaining an orderly and efficient queue across all 6 of our locations in the Tri-State Area, as well as capturing accurate data from clients, some office management tasks, and some hardware assembly/Quality Assurance testing.
You are also the foremost line of protection for our clients and the face of the IT Department when interacting with our end users for assistance, so qualities like great organization and attention to even minute detail will be essential to your success. in addition to. Candidates should be self-starters with their own initiative, possessing a thoughtful, innovative, and knowledgeable approach to problem-solving and a desire to develop and grow professionally.
Technical Skills and Requirements:
* Act as an integral part of our growing Service Desk by aiding and supporting the team and our client base with positivity, integrity, and dedication to the end-user experience.
* Performing remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop and end-user technology issues.
* Capable of successfully configuring, installing, upgrading and basic troubleshooting both hardware and software issues with PC's, Laptops and other components we provide such as headsets, mice, keyboards, etc.
* Possess hands-on, demonstrated technical PC support and service experience.
* Clearly and concisely document any actions taken in our ticketing system.
* Maintain a full storage supply of company IT equipment such as monitors, headsets, keyboards, and any other tools or equipment our employees may need to upgrade or install.
* Properly managing any transport of IT equipment and materials to our other facilities and making sure all the pieces requested are present or accounted for.
* Able to effectively pass-on escalated tickets to the proper level of Admins.
* Comfortable unpacking and assembling large packages containing PC's, laptops and other user components.
* Experience with desktop operating systems and application software products in a Windows environment.
* Provide after-hours support as part of an on-call rotation; opportunity for OT available on alternate Sundays as part of a team rotation schedule (when needed).
* Be equipped with up-to-date knowledge of computer hardware, installing keyboards, TV's, Monitors, phone systems, toners, and other common office supplies/hardware.
* Capable of resolving around 10-15 technical support issues daily, addressing service related problems in the areas of Windows and Apple desktop operating systems and basic Office 365 & Active Directory account management.
* Executing other administrative tasks within IT Department such as reviewing and reconciling PO's (Purchase Orders), updating any tracking sheets, generating reports as needed.
* At least 1 year of field service for Windows desktop support is preferred or a bachelor's degree in a related technical disciple.
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
* Team Player and excellent collaborator.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong documentation skills.
* Microsoft Certifications a plus.
Technical Skills/Basic knowledge in the following areas:
* Windows and Apple Desktop Operating Systems.
* PC Hardware and peripherals.
* Printers and Multifunction Machines.
Adorama is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and value our diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Adorama is so much more than a camera store- we are the world's only full-service destination for photo, video and electronics. Since 1975, we've been a silent-partner to professionals within almost every news organization, modeling agency, magazine, newspaper, and studio from our flagship location in the heart of NYC. Our vast product-offerings encompass home entertainment, mobile computing, and professional video and audio, while its services include an in-house photo lab, AdoramaPix, pro equipment rental at Adorama Rental Company and the award-winning Adorama Learning Center, which offers free education for photographers in video channels such as the popular AdoramaTV.
Adorama is also proud to be listed as one of the top five electronics retailers by Consumer Reports, "Best of the Web" by Forbes.com, Internet Retailers Top 100, and is the official Electronics Retailer of the NY Giants.
We at ADORAMA believe in respecting & encouraging diversity and as such we gladly abide by all EEOC regulations. We will never turn down a qualified employee based on race, religion, gender, sexual-identification, disability, or any other protected class. All jobs are and will continue being awarded based on merit.