Help Desk Technician, Tier 1/Tier 2 Support (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 222928
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
We are currently seeking a Service Desk Technician to support a contract in Sterling, Virginia. Under direct supervision, provides technical help desk support; interfaces with multiple levels of users, management, and technical staff. If you are a motivated individual looking to be a part of critical mission, CACI would like to speak with you.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Support a 24x7 help desk for a mission critical Chat/Collaboration application (In person support is Monday - Friday, from 8am - 5pm EDT/EST)
* Provide first and second level support for inbound incidents and Help Requests
* Provide frontline chat, phone and email support related to system and application issues
* Properly document interactions in the Jira ticket tracking system, escalating issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, sustain currency of work instructions and related process changes
* Diagnose, identify, isolate and analyze problems utilizing historical database records and online SOP's
* Maintain and update records, tracking databases, procedures, how to articles, and software license records
* High comfort level working with technology at a fast pace
* The ability to multi-task, specifically focused with creating support tickets in a web-based Jira tool and troubleshoot while helping with users
* Ability to quickly route issues according to issue type and severity
* Good communication skills over the phone, via chat, or via email (polite, good listener, able to dissect customer descriptions into root problems to begin troubleshooting)
* Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems
* Resolve technical problems and answer queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems
* May route calls to product line specialists
More About this Role:
Daytime Help Desk support is provided on a 9 hours per day, 5 days a week basis. "On-call" or extended support maybe required during emergency situations.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelors degree in a technical discipline from an accredited University preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college; or 10 years of help desk experience without a degree
* Ability to document, research, identify and solve technical problems on initial call and/or triage where appropriate for resolution
* Ability to learn and grow in progressive environment
* Must be able to support and troubleshoot across multiple networks, all with their unique set of requirements, users, environments and rules
* Experience with Help Desk Ticketing systems
* Strong customer service experience
* Ability to present complicated technical issues with clear easy-to-follow solutions and path forward
* Ability to provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution, making independent decisions by performing question/problem diagnosis in a Help Desk environment
* Ability to document, research, identify and attempt to resolve technical problems on initial call and/or triage where appropriate for resolution
* Ability to utilize customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding installation, applications/systems, functionality, and training on software and/or hardware products as it relates to customer's environment
* Experience developing working relationships w/functional groups and customers to meet established service level goals
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Security + certification
* Familiarity with Linux environments and commands
* Familiarity with AWS infrastructure, tools, and environments
What We can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.