JOB TITLE: Help Desk Support Tech
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology (I.T.)
REPORTS TO: IT Director
LOCATION: Van Nuys, California
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This is a full time position which reports to the Director of IT, and provides general support for desktop and laptop computers, VOIP phone system, and miscellaneous IT support requests to a user base of ~200 employees located in the Van Nuys area. Off hours on-call work is not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Build, deploy, and support desktop and laptop hardware, software, and VOIP phones.
* Provide timely response to PC support requests submitted through the IT ticketing system.
* Provide general troubleshooting for Windows based laptops and desktops, including 3rd party products such as Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, Adobe products, and other ad hoc software packages.
* Maintain documentation tracking device inventory and usage.
* Assists in maintaining a production data center environment.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2 years of completed Information Technology college coursework or equivalent experience highly desired.
* Understanding of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, Adobe products, and general network understanding and knowledge.
* Structured technical problem solving skills.
* Strong communication skills with a customer service attitude.
* Ability to manage dynamic situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner
* Ability to meet deadlines while paying attention to details
* Excellent interpersonal skills
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.