Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
* Under general supervision, monitors, operates and maintains hardware, software, and networks for a computing platform.
* Configures, assembles and installs laptops, workstations and/or peripheral equipment.
* Performs first line support for service interruptions such as IT help desk calls, printing issues, and remote connectivity. Escalates unresolved problems to expedite resolution.
* Upgrades, modifies and replaces hardware, software and network components.
* Performs system backup and recovery activities.
* Creates and maintains user login identification (userid) information and login scripts.
* Monitors system performance, gathers data, and prepares management reports.
* Audits hardware/software inventory to ensure their integrity as well as licensing compliance.
* Updates and maintains site administration manual documentation.
* May provide user orientation on hardware, or software or network operations.
* Keeps abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends.
* This position requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, effective organizational skills, and the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Maintaining solid user relationships is a key responsibility.
* PC configuration/troubleshooting skills
* Strong analytical skills are a must
* The qualified candidate should possess a CompTIA A+ Certification or a Microsoft MCP Certification in any area or related proven experience
* Trained on Microsoft Office and Windows Operating Systems
* 3-5 years of experience involving PC support in a corporate environment.
* Regional travel (10-20%) to support additional locations is required.
* Initial onboarding and training (1-2 weeks) will be at a remote location.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.