Job Description:This is an IT support role and requires experience (2 years) performing systems administration.
Position requires responding to customer requests within contractual time limitations utilizing an automated ticketing system and providing end-user support.
Support requests will include, but not limited to: account management, PKI administration, hardware/software troubleshooting, scheduling/troubleshooting VTCs, hardware/software installation.
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Create and administrator user and service accounts, AD group membership and Exchange mailboxes.
* Shall provide hardware services and maintenance for all classified networks and maintain systems.
* Provides solutions and training to end-users on various applications.
* Through training, will maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Support Video Teleconferencing in all designated conference rooms.
* Communicate to end users the status of their tickets through the following methods: Phone call responses and a web-based portal that offers self-serve access to real-time ticket status information for user feedback.
* Provide updates to the user upon any change in the ticket. Shall maintain all ticket data per contract and provide synopsized reports upon request.
* Services shall include junior and senior level support for service requests that extend beyond the services and problem resolution normally associated with Help Desk support. These service requests are supported and documented within the automated support request system. Examples of these typical requests include, but are not limited to, the following: moves/conversion/organization/migration, SW/HW installation and reconfiguration, true depth of knowledge of supported applications within the classified environment.
* Immediately report any act or circumstance in which there is a deviation from the required governing security regulations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
* 2-5 years of directly related experience in Tier I and II support.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with:- Microsoft Active Directory (Enterprise level preferred)- Utilizing trouble ticketing system - (Hands-on with Remedy is preferred)
* 2-5 yrs of directly related experience is a must.
* Extensive knowledge of PC hardware and software maintenance.
* 2+ years' experience with Windows 10/Terminal Server
* Familiar with antivirus and security software.
* Proficient with TCP/IP network protocol.
* Hands-on experience supporting standard office software products (i.e., MS Office, Adobe, etc.).
* Experience administering Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
* Familiar with scheduling and operating point-to-point VTC's.
* Position may involve strenuous activity, such as standing for long periods, lifting heavy objects (i.e. IT hardware), bending/crouching to reach cords requiring plug in etc.
8570 Compliance (One of the 4 certification listed below is required prior to starting employment)
* GIAC Security Essentials - GSEC
* COMPTIA Security+ CE (preferred)
* Security Certified Network Professional - SCNP
* Systems Security Certified Practitioner - SSCP
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.