The Global Security Solutions Division has an opening on a FBI DNA Database program for a Help Desk Specialist. Currently seeking a Tier 1/Tier 2 Help Desk Specialist providing IT/Hardware/Software support for customer based in 200+ Domestic and International locations.
* Responsible for effectively answering technical requests regarding the FBI DNA software.
* Assists in all activities of a Help Desk supporting a client's worldwide locations.
* Ensures that help desk tickets are tracked and closed appropriately.
* Maintains a service-oriented attitude in all situations.
* Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
* Works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
* Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
* This position requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule in order to support a help desk operation that runs from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
* Maintain good writing, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and be a contributing team member.
* Familiarity with remote access software required. Experience in client-server development, dial-up configuration or network connectivity. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven customer service to support a world class help desk.
* Experience with help desk software such as HEAT or Ivanti Service Manager. Knowledge of DNA, Criminal Justice, and/or Forensic Science is a plus. Basic technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL server.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.