SAIC has an opening for a Help Desk Specialist located in Springfield, VA.
Monday - Friday, standard business hours
This is a Maintenance Section position in support of the Department of State (DOS) Vanguard Contract, servicing IRM/FO/ITI/LWS/DSB/MNT. The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing information and communication technology (ICT) equipment (i.e. digital, radio, telephone, and Wi-Fi) problem remediation support to Overseas Posts. This may include, warranty and out-of-warranty services, working with manufacturers or vendors to remedy reported equipment problems.
Description of Duties:
* Responds to and diagnoses problems through email or discussion with users
* Provides responsive remediation support to post end users on a variety of issue
* Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
* Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
* Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
* Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution using DOS REMEDY application.
* Provides second-tier support to end users for ICT applications or hardware.
* Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
* Provide recommendations systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Minimum Required Education/Experience:
* High School/GED with 5-7 years of experience
* IT related certifications with two (2) years of experience
Minimum Required Experience/Skills/Attributes:
* Ability to follow policies and procedures
* Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems
* Ability to track and manage equipment through the repair process
* Knowledge of troubleshooting networking and telecommunication equipment
* Prior experience dealing with and contacting equipment vendors for repair
* Ability to multi task in a high paced environment
* Demonstrates strong work and professional ethics
* Strong team player
Clearance Requirement: SECRET
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability