ValidaTek, Inc. is an award-winning Small Business that provides high-security mission-critical IT services to the Federal Government. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes several U.S. Federal Departments. The corporate infrastructure is robust and based on industry best practices as evidenced by our DCAA Approved accounting system, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certifications, and CMMI Level 5 for Services (CMMI-SVC Level 5) and CMMI Level 3 for Development (CMMI-DEV Level 3) appraisals. We pride ourselves in being the best and only attracting and retaining the best talent to fuel our rapid growth. We promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their contributions and we all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The Tier 1 Application Help Desk Specialist 1st shift will serve as the main point of entry for applications phone and email support requests, and will provide direct administrator support in a 24/7 Help Desk environment. Monitor and Report Network and Application Status to ensure availability. Assist engineers in identifying/resolving problems to ensure that the network and applications are up and online. Provide site management, maintain data center and ensure systems are operational.
* Active Secret with the ability to obtain an interim Top Secret Clearance
* Experience with Trouble Ticketing system(s)
* Some college work in Computer Science or related field preferred.
* 2 years of related help desk or technical support experience or a combination of college and work experience.
* Ability to react to high priority problem calls, and interface with a variety of VIPs and Executive level staff personnel.
* Some proficiency in MS OS: Win2000, W2K3, Win XP,
* Expertise in the use of enterprise tools for OS deployment, software distribution, back-up and disaster recovery, client setups for Applications and file recovery desired, but not required.
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow and provide documentation.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
* Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
* Acute attention to detail.
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* MCSE Certification desired, but not required.
* Outstanding customer service Help Desk skills
* Answer correspondence from users relating to computer and applications problems, work on providing resolution, and will escalate as appropriate.
* Enter and track issues within agency trouble ticketing system.
* Assist users in troubleshooting for COTS and GOTS applications, Citrix, Web Access, IE configurations, and other user requests for assistance.
* Document problems and resolutions worked on in a timely and efficient manner.
* Notify appropriate IT staff of more serious network/infrastructure problems and work with them toward resolution.
* Assist IT staff with development and administration of the IT Help Desk function.
* Obtain customer feedback information.
* Effectively communicate customer issues and concerns to all applicable internal staff members.
* Document all contacts, actions, and responses in customer database.
* Organize and maintain file system; files correspondence and perform other duties as assigned.
* Maintain working knowledge of products and/or services.
* Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to verify authorization to work in the United States.
ValidaTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.