CHENEGA TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Help Desk Manager
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Helpdesk Specialist provide end user desktop support services for approved desktop applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Receive customer trouble tickets and service requests for desktop support.
* Respond to service requests, enter them into the ticketing system and acknowledge the request to the customer.
* Support desktop operating systems like Microsoft Windows 10 using the ability to diagnose and correct problems; build new systems using the Army Gold Master (AGM) or the bulk imaging of approved operating systems, baseline software applications, and required security patches
* Install encryption systems used to protect the data of portable systems such as laptops
* Identify and install required drivers.
* Configure authorized end user and network devices to include computers, printers, laptops, scanners, and other hardware according to STIGs for networked devices.
* Analyze customer prepared requests for acquisition and life-cycle replacement.
* Assist users with identifying approved devices, reviewing specifications, acquiring and replacing their old devices.
* Devices to include computers, printers, laptops, scanners and other hardware.
* Manage (e.g. image, set up, distribute and track) lifecycle/service replacement equipment including desktops, laptops, monitors, docking stations and hot spots for the installation.
* Perform bulk imaging/configuration for 15 or more devices.
* Participate in RMF support.
* Mitigate all systems known to be at risk as determined by the Army Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) process.
* Support Active Directory, and Networks to include:
* Add systems or users
* Reset passwords
* Diagnose login problems
* Identify the source of a problem as a group policy or network.
* Troubleshoot and resolve the service requests.
* Respond and support HBSS, ACAS, SIPRNET, and VTC services as required.
* Resolve Service Requests and User Incidents for VoIP through remote administration actions (troubleshooting, repairing) that do not require touch labor.
* Install, diagnose and correct problems with desktop software including, but is not limited to:
* Microsoft Office Professional
* Microsoft Outlook
* Internet Explorer
* Google Chrome
* Adobe Acrobat Professional
* Tumbleweed Desktop Validator
* Active Client
* Establish and troubleshoot network file shares, data protection systems and data backup and data transfer techniques.
* Ensure systems are configured in accordance with DOD published Security and Technical Information Guides (STIGs).
* Troubleshoot and resolve the service requests.
* Coordinate with other Desktop Support teams for support with any baseline applications and services, as well as all system imaging.
* Work with System Administrators and Database Administrators to install, configure, troubleshoot and support applications configured with a server-side License Manager or Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
* Ensure no system changes are implemented without an approved change request from the Configuration Control Board (CCB).
* Contribute to SharePoint library.
* Follow all NEC policies, procedures and regulations.
* Maintain currency on technology and service capabilities.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* High school diploma/GED required
* 1 years of Service/Help Desk Support or related experience required
* Possess Baseline and Full Computing Environment Certifications for IAT-I IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002.
* Must obtain Windows 10 certification within one week of start date.
* Security and Windows Server certifications preferred.
* Secret Clearance with NACLC required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
* Strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
* Ability to obtain Windows 10 certification within one week of start date.
* Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or on-call support.
* Ability to meet and maintain minimum security clearance requirements.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.