As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. Housing and Food Services (HFS) is pleased to announce an opening for a Help Desk Manager - HFS IT (Manager-Departmental Computing).
HFS provides on-campus housing and dining to over 10,000 student residents each year. As reflected in our mission statement-working together to enhance student life-teamwork and service to our students and customers are at the heart of our business.
The Information Technology Service Desk (ITSD) Manager leads a frontline customer support team in providing customer service excellence to a diverse range of department stakeholders. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for driving service quality and continuous service improvement for base level processes and plays a key role in building a best-in-class team by ensuring that the team is responsive to the needs of a broad range of customers. The Service Desk Manager ensures that critical issues are tracked, managed, and escalated appropriately and facilitates effective issue resolution in a timely manner.
* Ensure the delivery of the highest quality of service to a broad range of customers by overseeing frontline customer support. * Ensure year round 24/7 help desk support and maintenance for all HFS computing systems used by staff and students at multiple locations throughout the campus. * Monitors the service performance of frontline staff, tracks and reports service delivery metrics, and leads a metrics-driven, high-performing team by providing technical coaching, training, and frequent performance communication to encourage effective work behaviors. * Minimizes repeat problems by supporting the usage, maintenance, and growth of the ITS knowledge base. * Oversees the development of training to support the onboarding and continued development of full-time and student staff. * Supervise, support the maintenance of the HFS computing system network architecture. * Support and participate in the development, integration, implementation, and testing of multiple applications, both IT in-house and third party distributed software that support timekeeping, housing, food service and conference services used by staff and students at multiple locations throughout campus. * Work collaboratively with project management, development and customers to develop solutions, project plans, requirements, research options and communicate changes to the IT environment. * Work collaboratively with team members and users to create, update, and provide input to HFS IT policies and procedures and ensure system issues are addressed proactively. * Manage the IT change management process to ensure the proper execution of changes to the HFS IT environment. * IT procurement and executing on budgets. * Perform related duties as assigned.
Provide direct supervision to a HFS IT Services team
* Support Analyst * Service Desk Specialist * Student staff
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field. * Three years of experience in information technology, business administration, or higher education. * ITIL v3 certification. * Hands on experience with incident and problem management in a service management suite . * Experience using an ITSM tool to drive service delivery and performance. * Effective communicator across a range of business levels. * Proven ability to deliver and support frontline customer service in a fast-paced operational environment. * Extensive experience supporting Level-1 IT services in a highly decentralized organization * Experience in implementing ITIL-based methods using Service management software (BMC, ServiceNow, RT and like software). * Experience providing regular and frequent performance coaching/mentoring and encouraging effective behavior for individual and team success. * Proven ability to foster an environment of trust, collaboration, transparency, and accountability and to build an inclusive environment that values, encourages, and supports differences. * Extensive experience delivering IT customer service based on service levels and service quality measures, delivering technology services in the field through coordination with central teams, and driving continuous service improvement.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may substitute for required qualifications.
* Full benefits, including medical and dental insurance and retirement. * Paid vacation and sick leave, as well as 10 paid holidays a year and one personal day. * Subsidized transit and parking passes.
Condition of Employment:
* A satisfactory outcome from the reference check process and education verification.
This position will work a Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm schedule.
The salary range is $7200.00 - $7600.00/month + benefits.
To be considered, apply and update your profile and application by the end of the day on Monday, June 28, 2019.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
We seek candidates who exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, your experiences, perspectives and unique identities will be honored at the University of Washington. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
About University Of Washington
University of Washington is an educational institution that provides undergraduate, graduate, and research programs.